Does anyones broodyness come and go?

HippyMumma23

Reaction score
Ive always been broody. My whole life, when my so was born I wanted to do it all over again.

But ever since we got a date, I suddently finding it difficult to get broody and I dont know why. The timing and situation would be perfect and I would love another baby. But Im finding it hard to get excited about it for some reason. I still do get broody, but it'll last a week and then go.

Does anyone else get this?

im just broody constantly.. still got just less than 2 years to wait though....!

maybe now u know the definite time its going to happen its just hit u a bit? im sure ull get excited :D don't worry! :D xxx

Yeah I do get that a lot.

I think 'awwww babies!!!' but then when I think about the practicality (e.g. how I felt after the birth, giving up work, Seth, money, house etc) it sort of puts me off. I go through stages, dont know what I want at all!

xxx

I know what you mean, my broodiness has deffo faded through all the problems I've had since losing my first baby.
Maybe it will come back when I'm well again?
I'm not sure, but I'm deffo not desperate to be pregnant again like I was before!!

My circumstances may be a little different, but I have days where I'm not so broody and days where I eye up other people's buggies! :blush:

In my case I put the not-broody-days down to worry. My husband has MS and we've been TTC for 20 months, and sometimes it doesn't seem like the brightest idea for us to have kids becuase sometimes it is hard enough finding time to help him. Plus I'm in a temporary contract at work... And I don't have any child care in place... and cash... and decorating the spare room... and... and... and...

But the thing is... I want to be a mum, and I want to have my darling's baby in case he isn't with me for as long as I'd like.

I do have days where I'm put off and I'm sure I'll be scared when it happens (see that PMA?;)) but I think that is natural.

Im constantly broody. We have decided to try end of september when we are settled and i cant wait! Im new to all of this and was reading some birth stories and i just thought to myself i want a baby now! A friend of mine waited so long for a baby then when she got pregnant she suddenly didnt feel broody.

Claire thats exactly when we are going to TTC. As soon as Ive finished my september period which will be at the end of september.

I am the same. We have another year of waiting, and sometimes I think, well maybe we should do it sooner and have them closer in age.

My broodiness definitely comes and goes.

I'm super super broody all the time until DF mentions babies and then I start panicking and reconsidering whether it's a good idea :dohh: (I guess it's the idea of childbirth that makes my broodiness vanish - I don't do well with pain!! - and thinking we'll never have enough money to survive)

It is a matter of thinking things carefully. Thinking of what you really want with your life. Just make sure you are ready in all aspect - emotionally, financially & morally.Don't forget being steady too. Live life the way it must be. Enjoy if you still can. And one way or the another think of the joy a baby could bring into your life.

Mine definitely comes & goes.

When it's here though, man, don't I know it!! It comes thick & fast!

I like the idea of being a mother and having a child to care for and play with...but thinking of a noisy baby that keeps me up all night is a major turn off! I'm one of those women who would gladly carry the baby for a couple of years and pop out a ready made 2 year old than deal with a colicky baby (although I'm sure toddlers can be even worse with potty training and the terrible twos!). Also, I'm pretty sure my husband would be afraid of "breaking" the baby, and thus wouldn't help me with it....but would be more hands on when the kid is older and less "breakable".

I get that broody feeling to,but blame it on raging hormones,then off to the next thought in my head:rofl:

Does anyone wonder if it 'goes' with their cycle? Mine seems to come in monthly waves. When I have AF I couldnt be less broody. Ive just finished af and due to ovualte this weekend and the broodyness is coming back now. I think the fact that I dreamt last night that I was pregnant might have something to do with it aswell!

Does anyone wonder if it 'goes' with their cycle? Mine seems to come in monthly waves. When I have AF I couldnt be less broody. Ive just finished af and due to ovualte this weekend and the broodyness is coming back now. I think the fact that I dreamt last night that I was pregnant might have something to do with it aswell!

I think thats probably it! Mother nature's way of making sure the human race continues! When i was unemployed (and had nothing better to do) i was constantly broody! But now that i have a job, it comes in waves- I am broody, and i do want a baby right now... but the sensible part of my brain that tells me to wait for finances etc is beginning to be louder, more frequent, and make more sense! :hissy:

I'm so torn on this! Sometimes, I want a baby ASAP and other times, I feel totally unready. I hear from my friends on how much work it is, and how time consuming, painful, etc... And the thought of having a child freaks me out!

On the other hand, I'm 26, and I want to have children sooner rather than later. Some of my friends in their mid-late 30's are having miscarriages and problems with conceiving. That makes me wonder if waiting until after graduate school is worth it.

so confusing, but the broodyness comes and goes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->