Does BFing always cause LP defect when TTC?

superfrizbee

Love my princess & prince
Reaction score
I've been trying to chart my cycle this month but for various reasons it's all gone a bit wrong. Better luck next month I guess. My question though, does BFing ALWAYS cause a problem with short LP? Has anyone had this and how long did it take to recitfy itself?

It doesn't seem to have caused any problems for me.
I've become pregnant twice while breastfeeding. Both times without a period, and babies under 6 months.

I'm BFing and I just started having cycles a few months ago so they're still a little wacky but my luteal phase is normal (11-12 days).

I think it is quite common but it totally varies from woman to woman as everything to do with ttc does lol! My first few cycles were irregular and after doing opks for 2 cycles I worked out that my luteal phase was only around 7 days. The following month I took a b complex supplement and fell pregnant so I guess that must've done the trick to lengthen it!

I've had my period back since 3 months pp and my LP was generally short at about 7 to 8 days. The first month I noticed a long LP (this month) I got pregnant unexpectedly. :haha: Really not sure what changed it though as I still nurse often.

I normally have a 31 day cycle with a 14 day LP. I am currently having 41 day cycles with 9 1/2 LP. I have read its normal and it can take a bit to level out. I am hoping it does soon because I want to TTC soon.

I think it is quite common but it totally varies from woman to woman as everything to do with ttc does lol! My first few cycles were irregular and after doing opks for 2 cycles I worked out that my luteal phase was only around 7 days. The following month I took a b complex supplement and fell pregnant so I guess that must've done the trick to lengthen it!

Thank you all and congrats on the pregnancies!

Just curious as to how much b vit complex you took? Thanks!

I'm having trouble with my cycles and have been taking a prenatal for the past 2 years since we're still nursing and I just started taking an additional 500mcg of B12 (prenatal has the B6). I'm curious to hear about vitamin B.

Thank you all and congrats on the pregnancies!

Just curious as to how much b vit complex you took? Thanks!

I took the B-50 complex from Holland and Barratt - so 50mg of each b vitamin ( with a couple of exceptions I think).

There's huge variation I think. Mine took 5 cycles to get long enough to sustain pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->