does illness affect fertility?

eclecticmama

Reaction score
I currently have a chest infection and am on antibiotics.
I dont have a high temp.

Will this affecrt ovulation this cycle? I am approx cd 7. Due to ovulate in about 7-9 days. Have 5 days of antibiotics.

You need to check with your docs that you can try this cycle se.meds even after a week of taking them can make your baby poorly (i know 1 med i was nearly prescribed would have turned babies bones and teeth brown they put me on something else) you should be ok for o its mainly when you have a fever i had full on flu and i didnt o. Just ring your doc and make sure about the meds i wouldnt want anything bad to happen

Is there a way to resesrch the name of the medication anf its effects? This wasnt my usual doctor, aand he is next to impossible to get into. ��

I had a sinus infection for 4 weeks and luckily I ovulated and got Pregnant but it was a chemical m/c as soon as my AF was due it came on and I was back TTC again. But as soon as I went to the doc got my antibiotics I concieved the next cycle!! So it is Hope everyone is different I was sick as can be, fever fatigue, nose congestion, everything. But your case may be different

It can go either way I think, I've know a few people who have concieved whilst ill where as a couple of months ago I had tonsillitis and my lp went from 11 to 8 because of it x

Well i am due to ovulate tomorrow and the opks are still stark white! So im wondering whether it has in fact affected it

Well i am due to ovulate tomorrow and the opks are still stark white! So im wondering whether it has in fact affected it

Maybe the antibiotics had something to do with it... A lot of antibiotics are contraindicated for pregnant women. But check with your doc and see what they say

Antibiotics won't affect anything if you aren't already pregnant. Illness can affect ovulation if it's severe enough. I wouldn't worry. If it is meant to happen it'll happen. Take your meds and focus on getting yourself better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->