Does it matter?

Fruitmash

Reaction score
I just lost a small amount of mucus plug. With DD I lost a huge chunk at 39 weeks a few days before getting induced and never noticed small bits coming away. This was just an absolutely tiny amount. But since I can't take any meds for my anxiety I need some reassurance. My mum has told me to go to hospital, but I'm having no cramps, no leaking fluids, there was no blood and it was TINY. Wasn't too worried until mum told me I should go to hospital and since I live in the uk I'm not really willing to sit in hospital for 5 hours just to be told that it doesn't matter! Does losing a small amount of plug mean anything?

If it was bloody, just get checked, but it's fine, it can regenerate xxx

If it was bloody, just get checked, but it's fine, it can regenerate xxx

Thank you, that was all I needed! No blood at all so should be fine. Had to be when DH went out on a boys night didn't it lol

If your not cramping or in bleeding it's nothing to worry about. I lost lots in the second tri when I was pregnant with dd, sometimes what seemed like huge pieces and after many long waits in the maternity unit was always told that it regenerates and as long as there is no blood or pain then all is ok.

Could you ring the hospital to get reassurance without having to go in

Yes it definitely regenerates, I was fascinated by that when I first read about it. The human body is so clever! As long as it's not a 'bloody show' before you're full term, it's nothing to worry about.

Could you ring the hospital to get reassurance without having to go in
Not really, anxiety is so bad right now that any phone calls to someone who isn't family is giving me panic attacks. I'm reassured with the responses so I'm not worried anymore :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->