Does it mean baby is engaged if....

sophie22

Reaction score
I was getting movement very very low, like mound area, half way down. Could literally almost see it! Feels like hrs only got an inch and he would be popping out! Lol. Along with electric shocky shooting style pains down there and in bum. Very weird feeling! If so, is this normal for 31 weeks?:flower:

Sounds like it could be. I am partially engaged now at 34 weeks. Could feel baby dropping and had really heavy pressure and low movements. I dont think it means baby is coming early if baby is engaged though because think they can bob in and out. One woman posted about this a while back and she was fully engaged from 32 weeks and still went on to full term.

Ive also been getting low movement and even though I still get kicks high up near the ribs midwife says baby is very low and on the "brim" she seems confident i'll stick make it to full term though

I feel like I have really dropped. Lying in bed here and the top bit of my tummy is almost flat - like pre-pregnancy but then I was not exactly thin. Then it pops out about an inch above belly button. My previous babies didn't engage and I had a bump so high my boobs rested on top of it!

I've bin having similar pains on and off for about a week. Also very bruised and swollen. My midwife said sounds like head getting ready to come down. It's only cause for concern if u have abdominal pains/bleeding/reduced movement/broken waters. Xx

I had that last night, was very painful but today baby is unengaged .. I was told that they can often engage and then pop back out again. I hope my lo does not do it to much as mine was very painful

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->