Does it really stop?

bumphope

Reaction score
I can cope with the stomach-turning reaction I've got to most foods at the minute, but I'm so worried its never going to end - I can't imagine my appetite coming back after the pregnancy and I find that quite depressing!

Can any of you who have had a baby before reassure me?

I'm a real foodie and its ultra depressing to think about not being able to enjoy food again! I just can't imagine it ever ending!

X

This is my first baby but I have noticed it's not so bad now I'm past 12 weeks. I still have it occasional but not as bad as I was x

That's good news Gizzy - thanks. Hehe I just hope I go back to normal afterwards!!

How did your scan go the other day? I couldn't find your post...

X

I know it's awful when you can't think what to eat because everything makes you sick :( I still get very picky at dinner time. Hope your nausea clears up soon and you're able to eat all yummy foods again :)
Scan went great thanks! I think my thread got lost on the previous page somewhere lol! Baby wouldn't move and was asleep at first so I had to march about the ward.. Lol He/she is measuring a week ahead in my avatar so I changed my ticker. Eek! 2nd tri is looming closer! x

Within an hour or two of c section I was wolfing down toast and enjoying tea which I hadn't been able to drink since week 6!!! It comes back!

I'm nearly 11 weeks n I'm just starting to be able to eat again after weeks of sickness, some days are better than others but I'm begining to fancy more things! Hope urs getsbetter soon, I know what u mean it's a bit depressing when ur just found out the best news and u spend all day hogging the toilet or feeling like u need to!

Lol yeah it stops. I couldnt eat chicken all thru pregnancy but as soon as DD was born it was yummy again. I'm the same this time xx

I know it's awful when you can't think what to eat because everything makes you sick :( I still get very picky at dinner time. Hope your nausea clears up soon and you're able to eat all yummy foods again :)
Scan went great thanks! I think my thread got lost on the previous page somewhere lol! Baby wouldn't move and was asleep at first so I had to march about the ward.. Lol He/she is measuring a week ahead in my avatar so I changed my ticker. Eek! 2nd tri is looming closer! x

Wow! Very exciting :) x

Its all very strange isn't it - I still can't imagine it all just switching off when the baby arrives, but you have all put my mind at rest so thank you :)

X

I promise it does get better :). After 14 weeks I could stomach food but didn't really crave anything. After giving birth my appetite came back BIG time haha

Xx

That's crazy, I always thought it was just due to hormones and stuff...but it's the parasite (lovely parasite I wouldn't trade for the world!) that is changing us!

Does that mean that one day I'll enjoy coffee and healthy foods again?! Oh yeay!!

This is fantastic news! Thanks!!

As I type I am guzzling my third tomato juice of the hour and munching through a pack of leerdammer cheese. First thing I've properly fancied for days!!

X

I have a funny appetite when pregnant, but once I'm past the first week or so postpartum and breastfeeding is really kicking up a gear, then I start eating everything in sight again... and more lol!

I haven't been wanting to eat anything since I was 6/7 weeks, but it is finally starting to subside. I was nauseated 24/7 and threw up occasionally, and had NO appetite at all! I am finally starting to have whole days without nausea and am sort of wanting to eat certain foods again. I keep hearing that most women feel better in the second trimester, and it seems to be coming true as I approach it! I usually love to eat so I totally understand how you're feeling. Good luck!

I was wandering the same as my sickness seems too be getting worse not better :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->