does my 6 month old need milk every time he has his puree?

litbetloo

Reaction score
Hi!
I've been weaning my son George very gradually for some weeks. He is approaching 6 months old.

Do you have to offer milk every time your baby has his veg or fruit puree? Or is it ok not too, as long as they have a sufficient amount during the day.

The FSA recommend a baby requires 500-600ml (20ozs) of milk per day for the first year. George is currently following this pattern:

6.30am- 8oz
10.00am - 7oz
1.00pm - 7oz
5.00pm - fruit or veg puree (homemade but equivilant of stage 1 jar)
7.30pm - 8oz

This is 30 oz of milk per day which is over and above! He has always been a hungry baby though!

Your suggestions welcome.

Thanks

hiya, my daughter is 15weeks and is fully weaned she is my fourth and i weaned them all early. You cud try offering ur baby sum juice with his dinner, he may be thirsty after the veg puree.

sallie.

I will give my daughter water or apple juice mixed with water after a puree. My daughter is 5 months old and I think she likes it alot.

Thats sounds about right ,

I also weaned my son early , hes now fully on full fat milk and loving it more then the formula lol..i do blame him formula tastes like wet cardboard with sugar in it lol

I wean my baby in about lunch time and i try to give him water afterwards but he just wants to bite the top of the jar so i give him my milk instead,lol
I never give him fruit juice yet, but i'm going to when i have the juicer so i can get fresh juice for him. Now he's happy enough with breast milk after his meal, so i stick with that atm

Chloe has her milk before her food. She's not interested in juice or water yet

her pattern is
8am- 6-8oz milk
9am cereal
noon 6-8oz milk
1pm veg
4pm 6-8oz milk
5:30 fruit and porridge
8pm 8oz milk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts