Does rapid weight loss affect supply?

horseybird

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I have a 4 week old and I ve lost almost all my baby weight. I'm only 5 pound off my pre-pregnancy weight, 2 stone in 4 weeks seems really quick. Will this affect my supply, I'm eating loads, drinking more and taking a vitamin supplement. After all the troubles with failing to breast feed my first, I would hate to lose my supply as it's been going so much better this time x

Doubt it. So long as you're NOT dieting. Just eating healthy and eating more than a non-BF'ing mom.

I lost 20lbs in the first 7-10 days and then by 6 weeks I was about 4-5lbs from my pre-preggo weight. Never had a supply issue. :)

I think you'll be fine as long as you are eating well. I lost all of my pregnancy weight (I only gained 11lbs, and LO weighed 9lbs at birth) plus another stone in the first 2 weeks after she was born. BFing burns a lot of calories! My supply was not affected at all, but my health visitor did tell me to eat more cake so that the milk had plenty of fat in it.

Thank you this is reassuring. On the whole my diet is good, I do have cake everyday though. Feel like I can't fit any more food into my day!

I lost the weight pretty much immediately - no supply issues.

ive managed to gain a good chunk of it back tho! my metabolism took a nose dive somewhere in the first year.... ;)

My supply stayed great when I lost all my baby weight very quickly but was still at a healthy weight. recently I was sick and dropped 15lbs quickly to become underweight, my supply dropped a lot. I guess as long as you're a healthy weight then you're good :)

I gained just over 3 stone while I was pregnant. This was a huge amount for me as i am naturally very petite to start with. I had lost it all and was back in pre pg jeans by 3 weeks pp. I didn't do anything special, it just fell off. I remember saying to DH that I felt like I was shrinking by the day. My supply has always been great, if anything I had an oversupply at first so no issues here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->