Does the bloody show always contain mucus??

sandandsun

Reaction score
So, I'm 40+2 today and anxiously awaiting the arrival of our baby! I was certain I would be a week or more overdue, but I'm now thinking baby may make his way here sooner than that!

Over the last couple days, I've had tons of cramping/contractions, low back pain, shooting pains, lots of pressure on my pelvis, frequent bms, etc. Previously, I felt perfectly fine. I'm pretty sure I lost my mucus plug in various pieces.

This morning, I noticed some pink/light red blood on the tissue. However, it was not accompanied by thick mucus and wasn't stringy - just spotting alone, kind of watery. Could this be a sign of approaching labor, or does the bloody show always have mucus? I've had spotting at different points in my pregnancy so I'm really unsure, but hoping!!

I don't have experience with this, as I'm still waiting to go into labor, but I think maybe you should call your OB about the blood. I know it can be nothing but it can also be a sign to problems. Just a heads up. Good luck and hope its just the start of your much awaited labor.

I don't have experience with this, as I'm still waiting to go into labor, but I think maybe you should call your OB about the blood. I know it can be nothing but it can also be a sign to problems. Just a heads up. Good luck and hope its just the start of your much awaited labor.

Thank you! I will definitely give my OB a call. I've had bleeding throughout the pregnancy, so I'm not too concerned, but this seemed different...it was sort of discharge-like but not a glob or stringy like I have read about. Hoping it was my "show," but we'll see - I have an appointment tomorrow and I'm hoping to hear some promising news either way!

In my case my bloody show was snotty and mucousy but I can't talk for everyone else. I would definitely ring up for peace of mind, I think that sounds like spotting rather than a show x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->