Does the CBFM Work on the first cycle?

Sophie2000

Reaction score
This is my first month using the CBFM as prior to that I have been using the smiley face method but wanted to increase my chances of conceiving from this month.
I thought I would run the CBFM and the smiley face method side by side.
I had a smiley face four days ago but still no high reading on my CBFM so I am really confused as to whether I have ovulated or not?
Anyone else experienced similar?

Hi Sophie, I am on month two of CBFM and only had a peak this month. I've read lots that it can often not show a peak or even highs the first month as it is learning. You will,probably find next month you get highs and a peak. Good luck!

For me CBFM worked perfectly on the first cycle. it is my 5th cycle with CBFM, the first three were perfect I got my highs and peaks and my charts confirmed that I O on my second peak. I trusted my CBFM completely. However, after I has laparoscopy something happened (it could be due to the infection I got) and my CBFM now only gives me HIGH, no LOW and no PEAK. I was very confused so this cycle I am also using OPK to make sure I do not miss my LH surge. This cycle my CBFM shows HIGH for 3 days and I only got a faint second line on my OPK last night. I hope a have a few more days before the LH surge and then will be able to tell you whether my CBFM picked it up or not.

Also if you stalk some of the charts on FF you will see that quite a few ladies use CBFM together with OPK and although most get their PEAK and smiley face on the same day, for some that would be different (not sure why).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->