Does the clear out really happen?

nataliendan

mum of 2 girls & 1 on way
Reaction score
Hi, I never go to the loo like sometimes over a week and lucky to have two a week but since Sunday I've been going 3 4 times a day, is the clear out true? Or just rubbish we all hope for?

Definitely true in my case.
Both times for me, both during early labour, from both ends both times xx

Happened with every baby for me.

Having runs in middle of painful contractions hurts like a ......!
Throwing up while contracting is worse thing ever.

I have both few days - week before labour. My tummy kind says to me 'watch what you eat' and makes me feel like i have bug to keep food intake to a min.

Didn't happen for me, but I don't poo that much anyway.

I unfortunately don't' remember much from my pregnancy with DS1, at least things like this and what not. But it was very true with DS2. I normally go at least daily, but towards the end of my pregnancy (started about 36weeks too), I started to go more, 2-3 times a day, and about 2 days before, I think I had gone like 4 times.

Definitely true here! I spent the morning on the toilet, and it was only after I realized I still wanted to push but nothing was coming out, I might be in labor... :haha: I was! Baby was born two hours later!!

Best part: since you know you've cleared out your system so well, you're almost guaranteed not to have a bowel movement during pushing! (Not sure if you're worried about that, but I was...)

In the last 4weeks I became much more regular - 2 a day when naturally I go less often and tend to br constipated. I guess because his position changed the pressure was different. I did however need to rush to the toilet very early on in labour and had a loose bm movement, so a clear out happened for me.

Its typically true. Bh and prelabor uterine cramps can and usually cause bm as they stimulate the same muscles. Of course not everyone has bh or pre labor cramps. Some ladies go straight to painful labor contractions and then the typical clear out may or may not happen.
has always been true for me but I get a lot of Bh.

It didn't happen for no 1 for me. My labour was long and I pushed for hours. In the old days they used to give enemas as standard because it was felt if you hadn't cleared out it would slow labour and make the process longer a d not every odd naturally clears out. Reckon this was maybe one reason why things were so long and slow for me

i do bms more frequenty in late preg (not dihorea though) i eh i can go few days no bm but just now maybe once day an today twice. Am 36+3

True for me in my natural birth! Spent all early labour rushing to the loo as the contractions triggered a clear out! I didn't poo during labour so I was grateful in the long run!

Happened to me with DS1. It was all through early labour for me so I was already having some sporadic contractions on and off. Spent most of the day on the toilet with diarrhoea then he was born that night!

Happened to me before and then Iwas sick during labour - didn't poop when I pushed (probably nothing less inside me but baby!) X

With my first it did, I'd started contracting but didn't realise that's what I was feeling, then I had an almighty clear out and bam, contractions ramped right up. With my 2nd I didn't get one and I wish I did because I pooped in the birth pool instead :haha: :blush:

Im currently experiencing them more now at 38+,, I think it started 2 days ago i never usually have BMs this regular, used to be 3 times a week at the most if i was lucky but now its more like 2-3 times a day but im very constipated with it aswell so its frustrating,, I have decided to take 20mls of lactulose every other morning to try help loosen things up and 'clear out' as Im worried about having a BM during labour lol,, tmi sorry ladies x

Yup. I must of gone to the loo to poo at least 6 times the day I had my lo. Oh and not confirmed ( I didn't ask) but pretty sure I still pooped during the pushing ;) ah, no biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->