Does this name make you think of wieners?

Fancy_Pants

Reaction score
My husband and I have a little boy due at the end of August. We love the name Meyer. Our last name is Wagner. My in laws are convinced that the kid is going to be teased and called "Oscar Mayer Wiener". We aren't convinced. 1) Mayer/Meyer is spelled differently 2) Wiener and Wagner aren't that close (are they?) 3) The brand doesn't really seem that popular these days, especially in Northern Canada.

So my burning question to all of you: Does the name Meyer Wagner automatically make you think of hot dogs?

Also accepting thoughts on the name in general. It means "Bringer of Light" and we are leaning toward using the middle name Elias (has personal meaning to us), so the full name would be Meyer Elias Wagner.

My husband and I have a little boy due at the end of August. We love the name Meyer. Our last name is Wagner. My in laws are convinced that the kid is going to be teased and called "Oscar Mayer Wiener". We aren't convinced. 1) Mayer/Meyer is spelled differently 2) Wiener and Wagner aren't that close (are they?) 3) The brand doesn't really seem that popular these days, especially in Northern Canada.

So my burning question to all of you: Does the name Meyer Wagner automatically make you think of hot dogs?

Also accepting thoughts on the name in general. It means "Bringer of Light" and we are leaning toward using the middle name Elias (has personal meaning to us), so the full name would be Meyer Elias Wagner.

After you mentioned it, yes... but I really don't think that I would have made the association if I had just heard/read the name!!

It does make me think of hot dogs lol
I dont think he will be teased or made fun of though

Your thread title alone made me think of the name Oscar... Which I happen to love btw. Meyer not so much, maybe ever so slightly with your last name. But then, I grew up with the commercials on tv with that jingle. I can't even tell you the last time I've heard it. I can't imagine kids these days making the connection but even if they did, it's not really a negative one. And if it's not that it will be just be something else regardless of what you choose. Kids can be jerks. If you and your hubby love it just go for it.

Thanks so much, ladies! We DO love the name and further complicating matters is the fact that the only other name my hubby like is Ragnar...Ragnar Wagner! LOL! And yes, he is a Vikings fan.

I wouldn't make that connection to the name. I like it :)

Your title made me assume Oscar! And I like that name. I've never heard the name Meyer and I don't think I would associate it with wieners until mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->