Does this sound like early labour?

Sunseal

Reaction score
So this week I've had 3 sweeps, each one progressing me further than the last. I've been losing bloody plug all weekend but this afternoon when I got back from Ikea I lost loads.I did also have a sweep this morning and she said I was 1-2cm dilated. Been in pain all day walking around Ikea, and this evening contractions have been fairly consistant, ranging from 4-12 minutes apart and lasting around 20-30 seconds each.
They have just recently started easing up a bit and the intervals between them are getting longer so I'm bouncing on my ball, but does this sound like it could be early labour or is it more likely to be false labour?

Sounds like false labor but see how it goes. If it eases up then wait. If it gets more intense then call

Sounds like your body is trying, i cant see where you are but if possible try and get some rest incase things kick off as you'll need all your energy.

Get off the ball and walk as far as you can I was just like this
For a day went and walked round our local
Lakes and boom 2 days later he was here ( a fab 2 days in labour thanks son) lol !!!

The best way to find out if it's early or false labour is to have a bath and see if the pains go away. If they do, It was a false alarm the pains will completely fizzle out and you'll know, and if it isn't and it's actually the early stages of labour the pains will probably die down enough for you to get some well needed rest before the real deal kicks in! :thumbup:

I ended up going to bed, was woken at about 3 with a contraction that I would definitely say was stronger than anything I'd had the evening before. Went to the loo to more lost plug and then went back to bed but still kept getting woken by contractions.
This morning they;re still coming, between every 3-5 mins and lasting anything from 30-50 seconds.
I hope it isn't false labour! Just going to go with the flow and see what happens.

Sounds exactly like what happened to me when I went into labour! :thumbup: Hope this is it for you! Keep us posted :flower:

Definitely sounds more positive this morning! xx

I think they're starting to fizzle out :'(

I hope it doesnt go away for you! I had the same yesterday and hot shower really made things worse, but it fizzled out later on - I was gutted as it was definitely painful :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->