Does this sound like over active letdown?

HBGirl

Reaction score
My LO is a champion eater during the day. Eats well and settles. At night we have another story. She starts getting starving at around 4pm. Wants to be on the breast constantly until around 7pm. She goes down to sleep at about 8.30pm after a quick nurse.

She wakes between 12am and 1am. She latches and starts fighting. Turns her head, kicks her legs and stiffens her body. She will make horrible facial expressions and delatch. I have to use sheilds for flat nipples so I sit there holding the sheild in place. She manages to nurse and go back to sleep at the 1am feed. Then comes the 3am feed. Its all of the above but worse. She then won't settle until she gets a bottle of expressed milk. this leaves me drenched in milk, her drenched in milk and my boobs rock hard.

Hm...I know I have some overactive letdown if I go too long between feeds, DS gets drenched by the spray and unlatches screaming. At night I lay down to nurse and he dribbles the excess out. Does your little girl cough and choke? That happens with overactive letdown. I would say either too fast or too slow.

She doesn't choke often, here and there but not every night feed or even every day. Its definitely not to slow because milk runs into the sheild when I am putting it on.

I hand express about an oz of excess letdown this am and my lo was still drinking alot i could hear all the milk she was swallowing.

I figured it out. I dumped the Avent sheilds and bought Pigeon. They are much thinner and her latch is vastly improved!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->