Does this sound like oversupply?

Lilly12

Mommy & #2 on board
Reaction score
My 6 week old DD is a very happy baby.. but only fussy in the evening
Green mucousy poop, only in the evening (during the day, normal yellow and seedy)
TINY blood specks in poop, only in the evening usually (pretty occasionally)

She gulps during feedings,
sometimes coughs during feeding / choking on my milk,
whenever she unlatches my milk sprays everywhere
gets fussy on the breasts and I can tell she's fighting with my milk flow (facial expression, sounds she makes)
grunts a lot
sometimes she doesn't want to feed, unless i walk/bounce and feed her

During the day it's usually fine, in the night it's fine too, this is ONLY in the evening?
And it's one boob more than the other..

I suspected a food allergy but wouldn't that get to her during the day too?

sounds like you have a fast letdown. It should hopefully settle down soon. Not sure about the green poops though, or the blood? you need to make sure she is taking long enough feeds so she gets plenty of hindmilk too.
anyway, I suggest feeding from one boob for maybe a few minutes then swapping over for the rest of the feed just so you're not totally engorged on the other side for the next feed IYKWIM? You can also try and push down on your nipple a bit to slow the flow of the milk.

Not sure about the blood bit, but the green poo might be too much foremilk. Try blockfeeding (feeding 2-3 times from the same side consecutively) so LO gets more hindmilk.

I agree with the over active let down too - try reclining back a bit so it fights gravity :haha:

Thanks, yeah Ive started block feeding last night.. The same side for 2 feeds :thumbup:

Ive read this on kellymom:
Occasionally, blood in the stool may be due to breastmilk oversupply. Per Dr. Jack Newman, bloody stools in some babies have been eliminated completely by resolving mom's oversupply.

It does sound more like oversupply now than a food intolerance xx

Have you ever figured it out? We are going through the same thing... Any advice would be appreciated.

If you are online, please let me know what happened in your case, we are struggling with the same issue.

She's 2.5 now lol , old topic!

But yes she has a dairy intolerance still and I suspect her symptoms were probably from that mixed with a bit of oversupply

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->