Does this sound right to you?

lhancock90

2 toddlers, 1 MMC, WTT#3
Reaction score
So basically our landlord is getting his loft insulated because we live here and get tax credits. Apparently the wage band doesn't apply because its a high needs area. This meant the loft needed clearing. We only had a few boxes and the Christmas tree up there, well OH and I just had to clear out masses of shit from the old tenants I'm assuming. Piles of wood with nails hammered in that was splintering. Old carseats, medical supplies :)wacko:) huge bits of wooden furniture that were almost impossible to get out!
I really don't feel this should have been our responsibility! It's not our rubbish :/ and now we have to dispose of it too!
Am I right? Or wrong?

Bear in mind, I'm pretty stressed today so if I sound totally over the top that's probably why!

no he should have arranged all that!
Id be annoyed as well, did he know there was tons of stuff up there?

I would pile it all out the front, phone council to take it away and make your landlord pay! I guess the insulation will benefit you do I wouldn't have minded getting it out the loft but deffo wouldn't be disposing of it x

this is wrong, when my sister moved into her flat (and she bought it ) she went in her loft and there was hundreds of stuff, the guy who owned it before rented it out and she asked him to collect he asked her to bring it down herself and if she could take it to the tip, safe to say she wasn't happy and told him to get it himself which he did. I would ask your landlord to collect it, you don't have to time to take care of a family and empty other people's shit out your loft

I'd say imo your landlord should be checking after each tenant moves out that they have emptied it so really it should be his issue not yours

have you decided what you are going to do yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->