Does your baby have a name yet?

Yo_Yo

Reaction score
Occurred to me last night that me and hubby haven't really discussed names much...other than my husband jokingly suggesting terrible names!

There is one name we both like though, but nothing definite yet.

So have any of you picked a name or struggling to pick one?

We are struggling with names. We've got such different approaches. He's made a list and is trying to narrow it down based on preference. I need to test run each name for a week or so, determine nicknames, imagine the name being used in a professional setting, etc.

At least we have 16 weeks to decide.

We are getting very close and still haven't decided on a name. We were going to use James as a middle name because of my dad... but long story short James is also the name of the man who murdered my DH's mom so we aren't using it. We like the middle name Reed, but can't agree on a first name... He may end up being a Jr. if we don't get the show on the road.

We've got a girls name, but a handful of choices for a boy.

Yep. This little girly is Brooke Sophia. For a long time she was going to be called Fearne Amelia but it didn't seem to fit x

Ciel if it's a boy and Grey if it's a girl so far. :) Might think of more but I'm really liking these.

We've barely discussed names at all...and hubby's already said he doesn't see the point in buying a baby name book :shrug: Happily a friend from work has said she will give us ours, so we can still have one without buying one. We've always said we weren't going to pick a name until baby is here, and that's still what we're going to do, but I'd like to have a shortlist in place before he/she arrives! I have a few names I like but at last discussion a couple of years ago, hubby wasn't fussed about them. Worried baby is going to be nameless!

Baby names are becoming an actual argument in our house . My husband has not like one name that I do . But insist on me going with names he likes ...
Iv said fine make a list so will I . We are allowed to completely scribble of 2 names from each other's list then the rest go in a hat and pull it out haha .

I did also say shall we let our children decide ?? My eldest said bobby . We are having a girl by the way ... And my 6 year old said cheeseburger !, ok that's that out the window haaaaa

The names I like are ... Elaina jo , Ivy Jo , or Sadie Jo,

He likes sienna and Bethany . Both lovely names oh he likes alexia too . But I just don't feel them ..

The Jo bit is my name .

She's had her name for a looong time before even conception. Since I've got pregnant, I've wobbled a few times but always come back to it.

Pixie Maggie Lua.

Maggie is my mum's name and Lua is the name of one of my favourite songs.

Occurred to me last night that me and hubby haven't really discussed names much...other than my husband jokingly suggesting terrible names!

There is one name we both like though, but nothing definite yet.

So have any of you picked a name or struggling to pick one?
I'm glad it's not just my DH who does that - although it kind of backfired on him when he suggested what was in his opinion a terrible name and I rather liked it so went round calling her it for a few days :haha:

Other than that we haven't really discussed it too much, he keeps saying that there is plenty of time ...

We are really struggling with girls names though, if this LO had been a boy it would have been much easier! (there is a family name we would have to use as a middle name).

We have 90% decided on a name, not told anyone else yet as i know there's a chance he will arrive and not suit it at all!
his name so far is Zachary Jason (Jason is the father in laws name)
we are letting dd pick a second middle name for him too , she is writing a list and seeing which one sounds best! X

Charlotte Evelyn. But i'm going to fight for Charlotte Evelyn Ivy. OH doesn't want 2 middles names, but i'm going to keep asking :D

We named him at 10 weeks, it just crossed out minds, felt right, and we fell in love. We questiomed it for a couple days (wanted to look thru name lists), but were stickin to our guns as nothing else fits; Carter!

We have a boys name that we absolutely love and are paranoid friends are going to get there first (two sets of friends are due before us, one set on the same day!) Still not 100% on girls names - I'd like to narrow it down to a couple at least!

We have it narrowed down to two girl names that we both love, but we're so in love with them both, that we're worried we'll choose the wrong one and wish we picked the other :haha:

For boys, we've floated around a few ideas, but I'm not totally in love with any of our boy names like I am with our girl names...I really find them a lot harder!

Gender scan in 2.5 weeks! I think that'll help us get serious about names.

We have ideas but nothing definite yet…the only thing we are definite on are the two middle names

We've decided on Leo :D his middle names will most likely be James William after my grandad.

My FOB keeps suggesting stupid names as well, the latest is Donatello:dohh:

We've narrowed it down to three,
Eliza Ruby or Grace xx

We are having b/g twins. Our boy name is pretty definite- Declan Richard. Our girl name we are zeroing in on Isla Irene, but aren't sure just yet. Both of us are a bit concerned Isla will get mispronounced her whole life as it's still an unusual name where I'm from, and DH doesn't like the sound of Isla and Irene together. Irene is after my grandma and a non-negotiable middle name for me. Personally, Isla Irene has really grown on me.

Other girl names on our short list include Nora(h) and Adeline/Adelyn. (I looooove Nora, and DH looooves Adelyn... Neither of us keen on the other). I also loooove Charlotte, but I'm not having a Declan and a Charlotte as they are a tv couple on Revenge and I think that's a bit silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->