Does your baby have 'off days'

emzilouu

Mummy and Pregnant!
Reaction score
Do you find your babies have "off days" with feeding? Poppy has been a monkey to feed today she feeds for literally a few minutes then waves her arms around frantically and pushes away from me and refuses to latch and if she does latch she won't take any milk! She's barely had anything today :( should I be worried?!

I cant remember that far back but as long as lo has been gaining weight and it doesnt last more than a day or so i wouldnt worry.

Mine did and still does do this. Usually when he is teething.
He will eat so little all day long and then the next day he will be a little piggy. We all have off days and so do they :)

When Honor was still very new she used to do something similar - she'd latch but quickly pull away and be all frantic and cross, her arms, legs and head going like mad. Through research and process of elimination I came to the conclusion that my let down was too fast for her and she just couldn't keep up with the flow. This was confirmed by the boob she wasn't on jetting milk half way across the room. It was like a power hose!

I found a more upright position helped her, plus leaning back so the milk wasn't running down the back of her throat so much. It all settled pretty quickly though and she's managing just fine now (7 weeks).

Yup, my 4 month old has been like this the last 24 hours. I put it down to my hormones changing my milk slightly as I came on yesterday. I'm sure she'll be right as rain by this evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->