Does your bfing LO have a preference?

Nichole

DD, DS, and pregnant!
Reaction score
My 5 week old absolutely HATES my right breast. She'll nurse from it if she has to, but not for very long before she just begins fighting it. I don't know if it's the breast she's having such an issue with or if she hates lying on her left side or what. Does anyone else have this problem? Any solutions on helping her get more comfortable? Or is it a lost cause, lol?

Same! We call it "bad booby" lol itsa bit better now hes 8weeks. I think it will get better as he gets older and latch gets stronger. Just keep feeding from it as much as poss and switch positions - so we start with cradle hold and switch to rugby Ball hold (football hold usa) once he starts fighting it.

Yes left side is a pain in the arse. Lying down the position is just...different. And when we are sitting up, because she loves her left hand that's the one that's free when we're on left breast and she whacks me, pulls my clothes, pushes off boob, scratches me LOL.

Right side is awesome & easy LOL

We just power through, my LO is 15 weeks. She only feeds for 5-7mins for a full feed so I can live with it

Sue 88, your post just gave me hope :) my 16 week old lg will only stay on my boob for five-ish mins so I thought no way was she getting a feed and have been stressing big time! Thank you!! Btw op, yes I have same issue with right boob, so I tend to feed from left and express from right as am trying to introduce an expressed bottle for when I sadly have to go back to work to make some money (going to feel like I've lost a limb but that's a whole other topic!!!)

Yup. Left side won't do if DD isn't in a good mood.

Except at bedtime. She likes that one if we're lying down.

I try and time it so the "good boob" is for out & about. Lol.

So far he not a fan of right boob. But that the one i got mastitsis in. And i think the right might have a stronger let down as he gags on it...so ive tried leaning back when feeding which seems to help and it fills up much quicker then left

You could try a chiropractor. My LO doesn't like my right boob but also shows other signs of not wanting to turn her head left so the chiropractor has been adjusting her neck and it seems to be helping. Pain when turning their heads one way could be the cause of boob hatred.

My DD prefers my left. She takes longer to latch on my right and is more fidgety.

She's also a quick feeder. It usually only takes 7-10 mins for a feeding. I really wish I could get more burps out of her though. She eats so fast that she gets gassy...

Yep, lo prefers right boob....i think its because my right side has more milk, and he doesnt have to try as hard for letdowns etc:)

My LO only likes to nurse from my left side he will nurse from the other side but not to long like he gives up on it.. and now im lopsided, so frusterating! ive been trying to correct it thou!

Sometimes, she does it when she has sinus issues or ear infection and doesn't want to lay on that side. she doee prefer my left breast because I always put her there so I could use my right arms for other things. I believe I trained my breast to flow differently because of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->