does your lo do this, should I worry

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
Chloe has started rocking, its quite violent, she'll do it when sitting, in her jumperoo or walker... she violent sways from side to side. I don't know if she's just getting used to conrtol her head or something else....as mark pointed out, if I started doing it I'd be committed!!!

is it normal? do other babies do it?

Caitlyn doesn't do that, but she does bounce up and down when she's walking/standing, and (what I'd call violently) rocks back and forward when on all 4s sometimes. She likes bouncing though lol.

I think it's probably normal x

Noah does it if he's in his pram or high chair. Is it where they're going left to right rather than backwards & forwards. Noah does it and thinks its funny, if you say 'left right, left right' he does it too and gets excited!

xx

will try and get a video of her doing it as its very difficult to describe what shes doing

Jack does this to. he does it all to music x

That's how Grace 'dances' she jumps up and down quite violently in her walker or she will sway from side to side

Ted does it when he's tired. Moves his head from side to side over and over. Soemtimes his whole body joins in.
I googled it and it seems lots of babies do it to try and keep awake.
Also, it might just be that she's figured out that she can consiously move her head so is doing it a lot as its fun?
Anyway, after googling it I felt much better as my OH was worried that he might not be all right!..

nothing to worry about.

it doesn't sound like something that you should be reaaaally worried about. I was thinking it could be something to do with them figuring out about stability and balance in their bodies? I can see why you're worried though, Alasdair only does it on all 4s (back and forth, back and forth....) and that's random enough!

Helena does it in her chair, I think she is trying to roll over, even though she is sitting. :rofl:

charlie does it but you can tell its a kinda happy thing as he will make happy noises when hes doing it , he does it when i say dance aswell, it sounds like it could be a similer thing xx

Brooke does this all the time. But only if there is music on or i'm singing or sometimes music from an advert. It is her dancing.
If she is lying down on her tummy she'll still sway and dance. She loves it. :)

well it sounds like what other LO's do so I'm happy. Tried to film her doing it but she is too interested in the camera and stops!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->