• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Doidy Cups

SummerBaba

Reaction score
Wondered if any of you mums have used a doidy cup on your babies? My baby is 2 weeks old and is refusing the bottle, have tried diff teats, bottles, positions etc etc to no avail. It was stressing both me and baby out. I am exclusively breastfeeding and love it though :)
I know you can get sippy cups but I think they have a teat on them and if my baby does not accept bottles then I may have a similar problems with them.

I wondered if bottle is not looking like it will be successful that perhaps I could try a doidy cup from 3 months?

Anyone had any success with these or any advice?

Hiya, my lo refused bottles from 7 weeks. We tried a doidy cup and weren't successful, but they're cheap so worth a try.

We found a sippy cup was much more successful. Good luck, I know how difficult it is with a bottle refuser xx

Thanks LDC, yeah have been trying since 8 weeks it is getting tricky! I will try doidy cup and if thats not a success will opt for the sippy cup too. Just want peace of mind if I am away from him that he will feed.

Fingers crossed...

We got a doidy cup today, my LO is 4 months though but a huge bottle refuser but seemed to enjoy this! We are trying to switch to FF and it's the first time he didn't spit it out, although it's a little scary as they do seen to choke a little on the milk if they get too much, I'm assuming with practice they soon figure it out

Didn't work for mine. He just spills all over himself and then gets upset. Was "2 weeks old" in your OP a typo? You later say 8 weeks so maybe you meant 2 months?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->