Donating money to charity by txt 70070

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
Its a quick and easy way of doing it but I wonder is a cut taken before it is passed onto the charity ?? does anyone know ??

Text donations use gift aid :) I'm doing race for life and it says it its uses gift aid so more of the donation goes to charity

It's likely. Charities normally have to pay a charge in order to have a text giving service.

Text donations use gift aid :) I'm doing race for life and it says it its uses gift aid so more of the donation goes to charity
Edited cause I found the answer sorry Hun!

Just Giving charge charities to use their service-and they are the most expensive too. All not what it seems.

Gift aid can be added to your donation if you are a tax payer.

It's quite likely, but then so do justgiving and the like take a cut x

This is a good table. https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/charity-fundraising-sites

It's worthwhile checking if the charity you want to donate to is listed on a cheaper site - as the charity will get more from your donation. And if it's a one off-donate directly via cheque or bank transfer

hmmm, maybe I will do it via their websites then, was just being lazy !

i dont know how much each site charges to use but the charity I doing a race for recommend just given so am using that :)

I've been reading the blurbs and it has said something like the very least the charity would receive if u donate £3 via text is 2.95 and it depends on your network provider. When u text u get charged £3 plus a text.
Yes the donation pages charge.. Jg charge u per month take a cut from gift aid and a cut of what u get.
VM Is really good as the page is not for profit so the charges are minimal just to keep the site running which is a one off fee plus a lot less of a cut

i dont know how much each site charges to use but the charity I doing a race for recommend just given so am using that :)

If it's a big charity they probably got a deal. That is also quite common

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->