Donor Milk??anybody use human milk bank

moose31

Reaction score
Any ladies use donor milk from human milk bank? Willing to share experience/cost
I am delivering in 6weeks (ahhh) but can't breastfeed d/t on going chemotherapy for breast cancer.
Before diagnosis I was set on/looking forward to breastfeeding ...but if it can't be from me I'd like baby to get some benefits of breast milk.

It's free donation from hm4hb I offered when I was breastfeeding but there was no one in the area that wanted it.
I'm a member on their page on Facebook, I recommend joining and advertising in there local pages but you maynot see all the options if you are on your phone.
Xx

I haven't, but it would. Abby was preemie and thankfully I was able to produce milk for her. If I hadn't, I would have taken donor milk in a heartbeat. It is especially good for preemie babies. If I ever get lucky enough to have another, I will donate milk for sure.

Eats on feets is another free (or they might request a donation in an amount to cover the cost of baggies) mother-to-mother milk sharing network you can find on facebook. I donated through EoF because the network was larger than HM4HB in my area. If you inquire through both, you may even find a long-term donor to work with.

I totally agree with RaspberryK. I would share your story on hm4hb and you're likely to get a lot of offers! In my area, a mom needed breast milk due to a medical problem that prevented her from breastfeeding, and she received enough donations to keep her going for a full year!

Best of luck to you, I hope your induction goes well and that you're cancer free soon. :hugs:

I would. I donated milk to a local mother with insufficient glandular tissue. I talked to her at about a year, and she was still going strong on donor milk. I had a ton extra from when I was pumping for DS in the hospital and he just wasn't eating that much since he was so tiny.

I also just donated to a mother that just adopted a newborn and she wanted to give her breastmilk, she received enough to last her a long time!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->