Don't feed my baby!!!!!

Waiting4bb

Two march babies <3
Reaction score
Why does everyone want to feed my baby???? I know its cute to see her reactions to new things... but WTF!? Don't you think you should ASK first? The neighbor came over and fed her avocado off his plate. Our friend was watching her and let her lick peanut butter. She's only 4 months old, and granted it's not that big a deal but at least ask me. I'm her mother. Now someone else has taken the joy away of seeing her eat her first foods. Anyone else dealing with this? I'm really annoyed.

Ach I would tell them to stop it immediately!
Firstly as she's too young and secondly peanut butter shouldn't be given to babies, it can be dangerous.
How dare they!?!

My LO has tried many many foods- but I still don't like it when people just feed her. NO matter who it is I feel they should ask me first. Period. I always ask before giving any of my friends kids (even the older ones) ANYTHING! LOL. As who knows, maybe they don't want their child to have that cookie or what have you... and it's their call as the mom, not mine. Least I don't feel it is. LOL. I've had this happen though and just let it go as not to cause any "drama" or resentment... but it really does bother me. Mostly because I'm very particular about what she eats- and if it's something sweet, I'm not really OK with that except on certain occassions and when I feel it's OK.

Your LO is so young still though- and yes, it should be YOUR experience to feed first foods so I would just say something hun. Maybe keep it simple and tell them you aren't giving her solids yet- just milk. :hugs:

I think I would straight up punch someone in the throat if they gave my baby food without asking at 4 months.

My LO has tried many many foods- but I still don't like it when people just feed her. NO matter who it is I feel they should ask me first. Period. I always ask before giving any of my friends kids (even the older ones) ANYTHING! LOL. As who knows, maybe they don't want their child to have that cookie or what have you... and it's their call as the mom, not mine. Least I don't feel it is. LOL. I've had this happen though and just let it go as not to cause any "drama" or resentment... but it really does bother me. Mostly because I'm very particular about what she eats- and if it's something sweet, I'm not really OK with that except on certain occassions and when I feel it's OK.

Your LO is so young still though- and yes, it should be YOUR experience to feed first foods so I would just say something hun. Maybe keep it simple and tell them you aren't giving her solids yet- just milk. :hugs:

Thanks for the sweet words. I know these ppl don't mean any harm. I don't want to be the parent who is over-protective, but to me it is common sense to ask someone before you feed their child. Especially one as young as mine. I do try and let it not become a big deal and I will certainly be having a talk with these ppl to please not give her anything. And honestly if it is a person who has never had children and doesn't realize what a big deal it is I understand. It does make me not want to leave her with anyone but my DH though...

I think I would straight up punch someone in the throat if they gave my baby food without asking at 4 months.

I left the house to get something and came back to the neighbor giving her that avocado and I walked over and grabbed her and said "You can't feed my baby before I do!" I was tempted to punch him. As for the person who gave her the peanut butter I was just so shocked! But he would never do anything intentionally to harm her. He obviously just wasn't thinking! :nope:

My dad let LO lick chocolate sauce off his spoon the other day. It was cute how pleased he was to be the first one to let her try chocolate - I just couldn't be mad! :)

I was a bit shocked that I *had* to make DD a badge saying "STOP. Please ask my parent before giving me food." for a party I recently went to, just so I could be sure that I could approve everything she ate. She is lactose intolerant and we suspect she is allergic to salicylates, so I *have* to know what people try to give her - they aren't the ones who are going to be pacing the hallways with her while she wails in pain if someone sneaks dairy into her mouth.

I was a bit shocked that I *had* to make DD a badge saying "STOP. Please ask my parent before giving me food." for a party I recently went to, just so I could be sure that I could approve everything she ate. She is lactose intolerant and we suspect she is allergic to salicylates, so I *have* to know what people try to give her - they aren't the ones who are going to be pacing the hallways with her while she wails in pain if someone sneaks dairy into her mouth.

Geez! That must be scary. I find it's all the older people who started their kids off on solid foods at 3 months that try and sneak food to your baby. Well that's YOUR kid. And it's true. If your baby has a food allergy reaction you have to deal with it and they don't.

And while I'm at it... another thing that irritates me that people do? When they set the baby right in front of the tv and think it's so cute that she watches it. She is 4 months old. She doesn't need tv!

Yeah, I couldn't handle that when Kat was younger. She's still too young for TV really, but tends to watch the person she's sitting with rather then the TV now lol!

And yes, it is incredibly scary for me to know that someone sneaking food into her mouth behind my back could end up with me taking her to hospital.

It just seems to me like it should be common sense! I get that some people still think that by 4mo babies should be having solid foods, but that doesn't ever make it okay, IMO, to just give a baby food without checking with the parent. And I would have been incredibly angry if someone else gave DD her first meal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->