Dont know when to ween??

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
Advice please ladies??

Did you all wait till obvious signs?? Shes not finishing all her milk and not waking in the night so surely shes not ready?? Am I right!!

HV advised about 26 weeks and I think my HV is fab :)

She does put anything and everything in her mouth and I give her very watered down oj or baby juice so she loves different tastes!! She also watches us eat alot... and I can tell she gets excited when she smells mine and OH dinner!!

What do you all advise... thanks girls :)

I take interest in our food as one of the signs... and the fact that Mia is really strong and stands up on our knees ad can sit really well on our lap. I didn't really go on the amount of milk. I started giving her one baby spoon of baby rice everyday for about a week, in between her milk feeds, just to get her used to texture, and swallowing.

One thing I would say actually, is that a really good sign of readiness, is when you put the spoon to their lips... if they push it away with their tongue, it means the reflex for taking food to the back of the mouth isn't quite there yet. Mia sucked her's of the spoon, and now opens her mouth for the whole thing !!!!

Go with whatever you feel is right for Courtney :D :hug:

^^ I agree, Chloe has been having a small amount of rice or cereal once a day for a week. She wasnt waking in the night for food or draining bottles but was watching us eat, trying to grab our food and drinks and is sitting up well and is a very heavy baby anyway-

she loves it and the first time we tried food she grabbed the spoon and shoved it in her mouth herself so is obviously ready.

You'll know if Courtney is ready, try it and see, it wont hurt and you'll quickly know whether or not its time to start thinking about it

*edit- we actually gave chloe some milk off a spoon first to see how she took it- she loves her milk and knew instinctively how to use the spoon

Jasmine has been having rice cereal since 2 months... I was putting it in her bottles, but have since changed to 1 small spoon fed bowl, I give her about half the bowl then add it to a couple oz of formula... I do this before bed and this is the only bottle she keeps down and eats more then 4 oz as she has reflux too :(

thanks ladies... this makes sense.... i know she will take it as in the past she takes calpol off a spoon very very well...!! She seems really "bored" with her milk at the mo... if you get what I mean!! But dont know whether thats cos she has a cold at the moment!!

Im hoping giving courtney more solids her reflux wont be so bad!!

:hugs:

I would say go for it, you might be surprised how much she enjoys a new taste and texture! She is only a few days younger than Amelia and i started introducing baby rice last week, the first few tastes she screwed her face up but now she tries to grab the spoon and shove it into her mouth by herself!

I gave her a little mashed up banana today and she LOVED it!! This weaning malarky is so much fun! :D

It likely will help with the reflux as she shouldn't need as much milk then. I was in to my dr today and he also said formula with added iron can cause reflux.. not sure what she is on now? He also said that she can have as much water as she wants (that she cant have too much) because they dont actually need as much formula has they have sometimes, sometimes they are just thirsty and not hungry. Jasmine is almost 12 lbs, 22inches long and he thought 2-3oz every 2-3 hours was ok for her.

what hav u decided to chick?

h x

I have some rice... so might start tonight hehe...

Like I told my friend who weened a few months back and baby is now 7 months... they could NEVER show Real signs of weening... like wanting more milk or waking more etc!

I just dont want to do it prematurely and wish I never started so early?! Do you think I will feel like this??

I just dont want to do it prematurely and wish I never started so early?! Do you think I will feel like this??

no... nothing bad will happen by giing her a bit of rice.

I always get the feeling I started to early :( max was 3 months when he first got some apple sauce and rice but it was the only thing that helped with his reflux ..but sometimes I wonder if I waited if it would make a difference ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->