don't know why I worry!

isil

Reaction score
Took the boy to get weighed today.

At 16 weeks and 2 days he weighs 16lbs 12oz. So he spent 3 weeks not putting on anything (about a pound in total) and then put on a lb in 2 weeks! That northern air must've been good for him or something.

I'm getting really sick of the way the HVs tend to chastise you whatever his weight is doing. Usually I get 'he's not putting on enough weight' and today they implied I was overfeeding him! They do my head in.

my hv told me on tuesday that chloe is perfect! she said there is no doubt she will be tall and her weight reflects that, ally is the same.

getting a positive or reassuring comment out of the new HVs is like getting blood out of a stone. I said 'he is quite long so he is bound to be heavy isn't he?' and she was all 'hmm well...are there tall people in the family?' then she started looking through his book and said 'you need to get his head circumference measured again as it was under the 50th percentle at his 8 wk check' me: 'uhhh ok (thinking, why don't you offer to do it?!)...but he looks in proportion dosn't he?' and she was all 'hmm well..maybe' again. UGGGH!

go ally
hes an oz heavier then jack now x

Well stuff the HV hun, he looks more than happy in his pictures and certainly isnt under weight. Im sure some HV's forget that all babies are individuals xx

Ignore the HV, she obviously doesn't have a clue. Well done to you and your little man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->