Don't think I healed correctly after birth...

Caitie44

Shiny Spine Certified
Reaction score
Just a warning, this might get a little TMI, but I'm really starting to get worried and would like others opinions! I won't make this terribly long, either... Basically, during birth with my daughter, I needed 5 stitches. 2 on the top and 3 on the bottom. It didn't really bother me except for the first 2 days, but I kept spraying the relief spray and using ice packs and I felt great after those first 2 days. 4 days post-partum, I went on a 2 hour drive with DD and OH to OH's family fish fry. I walked around a little bit, but was mostly off of my feet. However afterwards, I really didn't rest as much as I should have. My apartment also has stairs that lead to the only bathroom / our bedrooms, so I was going up and down stairs daily.

I didn't think much of it, because as I said, I felt fine. However one day, I believe it was about 2 weeks post-partum (though I won't swear by that), I went to the bathroom and as I was wiping I noticed a piece of white string essentially hanging out of my "bits". I at first thought it was just from my panties, but I tugged very lightly on it and it felt connected, so I just left it alone. However the next time I went to the bathroom, I checked again and couldn't find it, so I sort of pushed it out of my mind.

However about 2 weeks ago, I attempted to have sex, and it hurt... badly. It felt like I was ripping open again, and we immediately stopped. I decided to inspect down there, and I was shocked to see it looked like I had a rip that was never there before. The only time it hurts is when I try to have sex. I was actually able to have sex for about 5 minutes the other day before it began to hurt again. Anyway, now I'm pretty much freaking out and thinking I've totally screwed myself up because I didn't rest for the full 6 weeks... Is it possible my stitches ripped out and I didn't heal correctly? Who would I go to to ask about that? Is it fixable? I'm pretty much panicking lol. Any comments are appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->