Don't You Hate Conflicting Information?

BrandysBabies

Cautiously Expecting #4!
Reaction score
So, I had fried chicken livers for dinner. I love fried chicken livers! I knew going into it that liver is something that should be eaten in extreme moderation because ofbthe high vitamin A content. After I ate them I started to feel guilty so decided to do some research. Everything I read said what I thought until I went to and article at babymed.com which said this???

"You can also eat lots of chicken liver when pregnant as the liver contains loads of foliate and easily absorbable iron. Foliate allows closing of the neural tube and prevents Spina Bifida - a serious baby illness. - See more at: https://www.babymed.com/food-and-nutrition/chicken-during-pregnancy-it-safe#sthash.p5rDCoNJ.dpuf"

Has anyone ever heard this?? I hate google! Lol!

So, I had fried chicken livers for dinner. I love fried chicken livers! I knew going into it that liver is something that should be eaten in extreme moderation because ofbthe high vitamin A content. After I ate them I started to feel guilty so decided to do some research. Everything I read said what I thought until I went to and article at babymed.com which said this???

"You can also eat lots of chicken liver when pregnant as the liver contains loads of foliate and easily absorbable iron. Foliate allows closing of the neural tube and prevents Spina Bifida - a serious baby illness. - See more at: https://www.babymed.com/food-and-nutrition/chicken-during-pregnancy-it-safe#sthash.p5rDCoNJ.dpuf"

Has anyone ever heard this?? I hate google! Lol!

I haven't heard of fried chicken livers, but liver in general does have high vitA so shouldn't be eaten frequently. It does also have loads of iron and folate though - which are sooooo important for pregnant women. Chicken liver also doesn't have as much vitA as beef liver (which is not recommended during pregnancy). If it was me, I would probably talk to my doc/mw about what would be a safe amount to consume. But I wouldn't worry about what you already ate! xoxo

I think it would be unwise to balance one article against a plethora of other evidence, but tbh, what's done is done :)

I can't imagine it's too big a deal if it's only a little. But it's probably good to use caution going forward.

I hate the conflicting information too. So many sites tell you that bleeding equals miscarriage in your future. Which is ridiculous. But it does serve to freak people out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->