Double buggy and bus!

vaniilla

Reaction score
Calling all mums with doubles/tandems! I currently have a donkey but find it barely squeezes onto the bus I'll use for the school run, can anyone recommend any slim doubles that fit on a bus? (do they even exist???) preferably not too heavy as I need to push it up a hill and not too high as I'm only 5ft tall!

I doubt you'll find one that easily fits on a bus, unless your buses are huge. Never mind if you need to fold it to make room and then have two babies and your stuff on your lap. What about a single and a wrap or carrier for the littlest? Even with just one, I had a big bulky off road pushchair that was a nightmare on trains and buses. So much easier to just take her in the wrap.

We use the joovy caboose for public transport. It's not much bigger than a single. We use a car seat on the front seat for my youngest and then have the extra seat fitted on the back to make it a proper double. It's pretty compact and easy to fold it too. Just on the heavy side but couldn't justify the extra money to buy the lightweight version. It really is great for public transport though, I'd never get our other double pushchair on the bus.

We use the joovy caboose for public transport. It's not much bigger than a single. We use a car seat on the front seat for my youngest and then have the extra seat fitted on the back to make it a proper double. It's pretty compact and easy to fold it too. Just on the heavy side but couldn't justify the extra money to buy the lightweight version. It really is great for public transport though, I'd never get our other double pushchair on the bus.

I've seen the caboose online but I worry it wouldn't be suitable for a 1 year old, it seems geared towards older toddlers as she still falls asleep in the buggy and would need reclining.

The add on seat does recline a decent amount. We used it from around 14 months and my daughter could always sleep fine ��

The add on seat does recline a decent amount. We used it from around 14 months and my daughter could always sleep fine ��

I didn't realise it had an add on seat! I've only seen it with a standing bit, with the seat it looks good so I think I'll go for one, thanks for the suggestion :)

I had a graco tandem studio duo so was long and thin. I don't drive and live 30 minutes from town so have to use buses all the time. I absolutely loved that pram and only recently stopped using it. It fit perfectly on buses, easily to steer and easy to fold with one hand. Had a huge shopping basket as well which was seperate to the seats u like some of the other doubles so I rarely had to carry shopping. Was also only £120 so quite a bit less than others, can get them half that price on eBay too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->