double or single buggy

wfc3

Reaction score
Due my second child in November and my son will be 3 really didn't want a double buggy but my mate who has the same age gap says she wish she had one, I don't have much to spend and don't really like them

I know what you mean.... I'd like a buggy board but it seems mean in December making a 2 yr old stand up in freezing weather vs being tucked up nice a warm in a buggy! We're prob going to get the icandy peach blossom converter, but feel sorry for the kid at the back with no view!

I'm not getting one. DS will be 2yrs 5mths when baby arrives but I find them far too heavy to manoeuvre and lift. We have a cheap stroller and an iCandy, so if need be we will take both out with us for family days. Out on my own I plan to baby wear newborn and have DS in the pushchair. In the winter we won't be going far without the car and come the spring he will be close to 3 and I think a buggy board will be enough. I am planning on investing in a sling for an older child 6mths+ this time, so if we are going to be somewhere that he's going to get tired then I have the option of swapping them over.

I still used a stroller with my son for long walks when he was three. However, those big double strollers do seem like they can be a pain. Do you already have a single stroller/buggy? If so, I'd just try getting by with that for now and not get a double unless you find you really need it after the baby is born. When the baby is small, you can always put him/her in a sling/carrier and your son in the single stroller/buggy.

Im back and forth on this one too.... My LO will 2 years five months when the new baby is born..... Im considering the bugaboo donkey....it serves as a double but if you want it to be a single, you can make it a single and its not as wide as other double strollers. Weve been to check it out already, just not sure if we want to go for it. Is a double REALLY necessary with that age gap?

I think it depends. First time around when I was pushchair shopping I was genuinely shocked that children up to 4 used a pushchair. There is exactly 4yrs and 3 days between me and my youngest sister and I had been out of a pushchair for almost 2 yrs after the middle sibling arrived!! I think if you have a runner, a slow walker or a reluctant one then its probably necessary if a sling isn't an option for you. I'm hoping the extra 6mths will mean we can do without.

Dd2 is two, and I'm getting the peach 3 blossom. I'm probably only going to use it as a double occasionally and for not many months, so I wanted a pram that went back to a single.
If your lo is anything like mine (constantly running off) I wouldn't recommend a buggy board.

So maybe a pram that goes from double to single would work?

Really it comes down to your child. They are all different. I bought a double (didnt find it a pain or to heavy) my first born was 2 when second arrived. Probably used for about 7 months, my second was in buggy longer.

Thank you everyone my son would rather walk but does like to sit I the buggy I have my quinny zapp for him atm so will use that also that's fine for when my partner with me its just when I go out on my own

I have one and I have a 22 month old and a 3.5 year old.

It's a sit and stand.

Honestly.... My 3 year old prefers to walk... But it has come in handy for long walks while shopping or busy shops. It's a fight to get her in there but it has been useful for moments like that. She is a slow walker so when I'm in a rush I tend to have her in there. Now that I'm preggers with number 3 seems like I made a good choice in buying it.

Hey, i just googled the icandy peach blossom....thats not a bad looking stroller! Is that only sold in the UK? I dont think ive ever heard of it over here. But i kind of like it! Nice choice ladies!

I'm not getting one. DS will be 2yrs 5mths when baby arrives but I find them far too heavy to manoeuvre and lift. We have a cheap stroller and an iCandy, so if need be we will take both out with us for family days. Out on my own I plan to baby wear newborn and have DS in the pushchair. In the winter we won't be going far without the car and come the spring he will be close to 3 and I think a buggy board will be enough. I am planning on investing in a sling for an older child 6mths+ this time, so if we are going to be somewhere that he's going to get tired then I have the option of swapping them over.

These have been my thoughts too. Ive been giving it a lot of thought and I just don't think its worth shelling out hundreds of pounds for a new double buggy when she will be 2.5 when the new baby comes and closer to 3 by the spring. Im planning on getting a better sling this time and a buggy board and swapping the kids round as the need arises. We will only be using it for short local journeys so shouldn't be too much of an issue. We will be in the car for most of our trips out. I had a "close" sling with DD and by the time she was 5 mths it was killing my shoulders and back to wear it so I have been told the ergo slings offer more support to the back and shoulders and my friend baby wore until her DD was almost 18 mths with that sling.

So i cant order that icandy peach blossom... Its pretty much only available near new zealand.

My little one will be nearly three when baby comes along. I don't drive husband does but he works away a lot. I've always took my little girl on long works in the country and although she will walk a lot of the way there by the time she's walked there and fed the ducks she's to tired to walk home. I don't want to stop taking her on these walks because baby has come along and I really hate slings. So for me the best option is the bugaboo donkey. They aren't super wide anyway and you can convert it back to a single pushchair when you don't need a double. I don't really want to put one of the little ones in the back seat of the other sorts of double Buggys so a side by side was the only option for me. The bugaboo donkey is the only side by side pushchair that converts back to a single I believe. It's just personal preference though and you just need to think about a What works for your need and how often you would need the option if a pushchair, such as long walks, shopping trips or even needing to get somewhere fast and not having time to always move at a toddlers pace. It's so important for the mum to get it to when you have young ones and sometimes it can feel like a mission at the best of times just to get two young ones ready to go out. So if you then would feel that the stress of not having the pushchair, or the bad weather affected your journeys when ones walking etc then it may be worth investing even if just for a short time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->