Double Standards for Boys and Girls

O

Ozzieshunni

https://www.parentdish.co.uk/2011/0...ble-standards-fine-for-boys-but-not-my-girls/

This makes my blood BOIL! Why should girls be treated any different than boys? My DH has already said that if we have a girl, he'll be stricter with her than our son! :growlmad: How is that fair? Shouldn't sons and daughters be raised with the same rules?

I remember when i was about 12 and my brother was 16 I heard some um...banging noises coming from his room and i said to my dad whats he doing, you know hes got a girl in there and my dad said "good on him!"

I asked what he would say if it were me at 15 and he said he would drag the boy out by his willy :haha:

I think you cant really help but have double standards at time as girls and boys are different and need to be treated as such. For example i would allow my daughter to do whatever she wanted with her hair (as long as it didnt interfere with school rules) but i wouldnt allow my son to have hair longer then his collar :shrug:

It really annoys, and kinda disgusts me tbh, the way some dads are all "Woah nice one son" if they find out they're having sex :-s Even if they're pretty young. It's just wrong, if Noah came to me at like 14 or whatever and told me he was having sex my first reaction would not be to pat him on the back, it would be to check he was taking precautions and to ask who with and make sure he knew I expected him to treat the girl(s) with respect and not just pick them up for a quick night of fun then drop them. Unfortunately his dad does not share the same values and probably would be one of the "good on ya lad" types :dohh: How is a boy meant to learn to respect women when his own father treats it like an accomplishment to be having sex, with no regard to who its with or what the situation is?

I would be thinking that the girl is someone's daughter. Plus, I want my boys to grow up to respect women. My hubby is a little scared of having a girl, not because he would want to lock her up but because some can be rather challenging as teens. Our boys are strong willed and he dreads a strong willed girl. I worry about my boys impregnating a girl who is messed up or just not ready for a baby and then being responsible for the rest of his life for the child. Hopefully some of what we say as parents will sink in by the time puberty rattles their impulsive little minds.

I would love to have a girl in the future but I'm a little scared because I think they get hurt much easier and are much more vulnerable especially as young teens, but once they're that age you can't shield them from everything. They want to go off and live their own lives :/

Double standards do my head in. Of course there a differences between boys and girls but most of those differences are cultural rather than physical, particularly in childhood - in fact most girls are bigger and stronger than boys at about the age of 10, as they hit puberty earlier. I do my best to teach my girls that they are just as capable as boys and, if I have a boy, I will teach him the same.

Yeah I'm not a fan of double standards. I will raise my sons as I did my daughters. Abit OT but my DH was worried about having a son because he kisses our girls on the lips and he said he thought he might feel weird doing that to a boy :shrug:

my parents were always like that, if we heard about my cousins going out it would be fine because they were boys, it would be okay for them to date and go drinking but for us it was a big no no because it's not lady like and people would think us improper :dohh: I think it depends on the environment your brought up in, in my parents circles everyone was like that, my sister is 23 and still needs to tell my parents where she's going and when she'll be back, any guys she dates have to be brought home if they want to continue dating, neither of us have ever been allowed to sleep over a guys place or visit his house without being introduced to his parents etc etc you get the picture! if we had been boys we wouldn't have had to do 90% of that, also because we're girls our dad took no interest in our bringing up, he didn't use to feed us/get up/in the night/get involved with our schooling, as far he's concerned we're girls so thats my mums job to deal with, if we had been boys he might have been able to relate.... still wouldn't do any of the looking after so no idea what he's talking about!

I hate double standards :nope:

i think its really wrong, i would hate for my son to to get a pat on the back from his dad at say 14/15 for getting his first "lay" so to speak. I understand that with girls you do need to be more careful as of course girls can get pregnant boys cannot however without the boys there would not be a pregnancy in the first place its swings and roundabouts. Oh would be quite happy to give kyle a shandy ect when his like 13 but i could 100% say he would hate it if we had a daughter and at 13 i was giving her alcopops. Oh has also already said about if we have a daughter he will be interigating (sp?) any boys but has not said anything as such about protecting our son from "bad" girls.

With me and my brother it was different i was an unruley girl, where as my brother had set bed time, had to do he homework before going out ect. At 16 my bf had moved into my mums with me, but at 14 i was living with my ex at the time and maybe see;ing my parents once a week if they where lucky.. My brother now 16 had his gf living at my mums however this is his first proper gf so i have no idea how they would of been if he was 13/14.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->