Downsides to IUI with meds???

FirstTry

Mommy!!!
Reaction score
We've only been TTC for 6 months, but we are anxious to get pg. What re the downsides, side effects, concerns, etc regarding IUI?

The FS suggests IUI with Gonal-F.

Does anyone have experience with this? Should we keep TTC naturally for another month or two first?

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!!!

Give your ages I'd say go ahead and get started on injectables. I also used Gonal F and had very little side effects with it. The needles are so tiny and skinny you barely feel them. I actually lost a little weight while on stims. There is the risk of multiples but it's small. the first cycle (or two sometimes) they might not get the meds exactly right and your cycle gets cancelled. That's another reason to go ahead right away. The first cycle for me I had too much Gonal F and my E2 skyrocketed. You'll also be given a trigger shot to use and for me that one made me cramp really bad but it went away after a couple of days. Good luck!

We did Fertinex (15 yrs ago) with IUI, and concieved the first time. I don't remember any bad side effects except some ovary pain. But then, I had 5 eggs maturing. We ended up with twins.
My only concern with the IUI at the time is that we were having it done at the same time with about 8-9 other couples. I remember sitting in the waiting room looking at all the other men sitting there wondering who my children would look like if the lab messed up and the did the IUI with another guy's swimmers. :haha:
Fortunately, that didn't happen, and my children look very much like my husband.
I wish you the best, and I agree that you should go ahead and get started with it. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->