Dr Browns

Jules

Mummy of 1 Girl & 1 Boy
Reaction score
I have been having a look at the Dr Browns website for baby bottles, sterilisers etc etc and they get a really good review, they say it cause less burping, winding, colic, ear infections etc

Does anyone have any experience of using these bottles, i dont mind paying the price, they are quite expensive at £10 for 2 bottles but if there worth it???

Tommee Tippee Close to Nature do the same thing and theyre a lot cheaper...

Also, how many bottles do you need? this is the part of having a baby i keep asking people about it, really freaks me out about making sure i feed the baby properly, sterilize properly etc!

i used 7 bottles with my son and that was just perfect amount

All the same size bottles? and same size teats?

well im going to be new mummy. and ive looked at lots of bottles the pros and the cons about which ones to get and ended up buying just some bruin bottles with latex teats. simply because the hospital use latex teats and that will be babys first feed so likley to take to them teats if you have them at home. and also the burping winding stuff they only get colic if not wined properly or fed wrongly your supposed to feed slightly upright so less air gets blocked and gives them poorly tum. so i would have a look at reasons for colic and things like that may help you decide it did me

we had 3 smaller bottles (5oz max) for out and about and then we bought 4 larger bottles which we are still using today (9oz) we started on stage 1 teats then progressed to stage 3 which we're still using. When Rhys' feeds increased we stopped using the 5oz bottles and we bought another 4 9oz bottles so we have 8 bottles altogether although this is too many really.

i have just bought 6 bottles hope will be enough and baby of 7lbs should be eating 17oz a day. so ive read:rofl:

i think 6 bottles would be ok.. we bought a 3 pack of the smaller bottles and a 4 pack of the bigger ones.. hence why we had 7 lol!

Thanks, that clears the how many bottles i need issue!

I bought the Dr Browns bottles when Olivia was a week old. Spent a fortune on them and then went back to the avent bottles 2 days later.

I'm still using the Avent 4oz bottles, since she was a week old we have been using the avent Slow floz teats size 2 (One month Plus) as she was sucking away at her bottle like a trooper and getting no milk. This was recommended by the midwife.

I'd say you only need 6 bottles or so... That all I have been using... Enough for 24 hours and make them up all at once. Not with the milk mind. I add that when I need it.

I have just had to get the bigger bottles out tonight as she seems to want to take more these days.

x

LOL.. We had so many people buy us bottles that we ended up with 23 lol, all of ours are tommee tippee closer to nature and avent, with silicone teats as I didn't like the latex ones

Me and DH bought these, my friend's a pediatric nurse and recommended them, only thing is they have quite a few pieces to clean and sterilize

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->