Dreading it....

S

sparkswillfly

Im absolutely dreading weaning... Its such a huge responsbility. Milk feeding is easy theres only two options breast or bottle. But with food there is so much choice and so much to get wrong. Im really worried about giving the wrong thing or too much salt/sugar.

Its such a huge responsibility to feed this little person and make sure she doesnt eat junk food for the next 18 years!!!! ARGH!

Im being irrational I know but it scares me.:blush:

Ive decided to follow BLW and not bother with purees at all. Im also not going to start till 6 months so got a while to get more worked up about it.

Did anyone else get really nervous about feeding.

Hun, I'm doing blw and I was PETRIFIED about weaning! This is a great way to do it - so natural for them. And the skies the limit! Just cook for you and LO and this will ensure you don't have toomuch salt/sugar, as you'll be controlling it yourself. And because it takes quite a while for them to get into the swing of it, the switch over is really slow. I really can't rate it highly enough. Feel free to PM me if ou like. I found it difficult to find support, as not that many people choose this method.
It's a great journey for you both, so just enjoy!!!:hug:

Oh yes definatley ... part excited and part petrified, its like a bloody minefield :hissy:

what should they have? how much? how often? blah blah blah :hissy:

It is scarey!

Now Caitlyn eats anything. I'm really naughty. I had pizza for tea last night, so she had mickey mouse kids pizza. :blush:

Me too - so much responsibility!! I'm just starting to read up on weaning. Deri is a big baby and already drinks a lot of milk!!!! If it was safe enough I'd wean him now for that reason only but am scared too!

Can I ask, what is BLW?

Sorry to hyjack xxx

Baby led weaning. Basically no spoon feeding purees you let them feed themselves with finger foods. Im reading this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-led-W...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242651547&sr=8-1

Theres a thread in this section about it somewhere also.

Thanks hun! I feel a bit stupid not knowing that :blush: - the book looks good! Is there a reason people choose BLW over purees etc?

Just interested to know! I need to buy a book or two and start reading!

Thanks for your help hun - sorry to hyjack!

xx

it worried me too but you just muddle through and give them lots of varied foods to try she'll tell you what she does or doesnt like when she's hungry or had enough.

i think blw/or puree are both great in their own ways rosie didnt and rhys havent been able to wait till 6 months . i did a bit of blw and spoon feeding as rosie loved to get her hands in the food lol but i fed her some as well to make sure she was geting some in her tummy.

i think any weaning that doesnt involve jars is great as its easier to get them used to normal food rather than processed stuff that has a 3 yr shelf life.

as long as they are getting a varied diet and are looking healthy its fine, common sense is the key and you got that you'll be fine.

xx

Thanks hun! I feel a bit stupid not knowing that :blush: - the book looks good! Is there a reason people choose BLW over purees etc?

Just interested to know! I need to buy a book or two and start reading!

Thanks for your help hun - sorry to hyjack!

xx

The book explains it perfectly but its basically about giving them control over what they eat and letting them go at their own pace and not to stress out because they still get all their nutrients from the milk feeds. Which in theory should lead them not to be fussy eaters when they grow up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->