Dribbling/leaking milk

Buckles

Reaction score
Hi
My LO is 5 weeks old and with every feed she ends up soaked, along with her bib and mus cloth. I am using tommee tippee bottles with size 1 teats.
I've also noticed that she isn't burping as much during the feed and has started bringing up quite a bit of the milk, so I am also having to get changed a few times a day!!! She also doesn't settle unless I'm holding her in my chest.
Any advice? Xx

No advice but my LO who is almost 2weeks is also dribbling quite a lot of milk out the sides of her mouth when feeding. We're using the same bottles. She has a slight tongue tie n I don't know if that may be the reason but I've also startd finding it more difficult to bring up wind, and if she doesn't get some up, then she will bring up a tonne of sick

Not sure what to suggest but going to mention it to health visitor on tuesday & see if there's anything I can do!

Xx

Mine still does this at 10 weeks old. We have tried so many different teat sizes and she's still a dribbler. I guess some babies are.

Tommee Tippee do some good bibs that are padded around the neck so they soak up the milk, might be worth getting some to protect their clothes.

We don't seem to have a burping problem though, she loves a good belch! :)

Heya.

My 3 week old is also using TT bottles with size 1 teats, and does dribble milk. We go through quite a few muslin cloths a day! This in itself is slightly annoying but wouldnt make me want to try a different bottle BUT in the last couple of days she has become more fussy after feeds and like your little one, always wants to be on my chest and is finding it harder to bring her wind up. The vents on my TT bottles dont seem to be working no matter what I do. I have been using dentinox for the past couple of days and it seems to help a bit, but I have ordered a couple of the new Avent natural bottles (teat shape similar to TT but have 2 anti-colic valves in the teat so supposidly better at reducing wind) and will see if they help with the wind, and if they help with the dribble its a bonus! xxx

Jadey- the nurse at the tongue tie clinic told me TT CTN are the worst bottles for tongue tie babies. She recommended that I use any old orthodontic teat when bottle feeding.

We had this with Sophie. Used TT bottles and she would be soaked through and I found the teats sunk inwards with her sucking, I eventually had enough and bought MAM bottles and it stopped instantly, iv used the MAM bottles with Evelyn from day one and never had a problem.
It's the bottles in my opinion, so annoying when you spend so much getting a g
Set up together. Xx

My lo did that until we just switched bottles a month ago! Went from medla calma to dr brown. She doesn't dribble and has been burping better, less spit up.

We use avent but have tried tommee tippee too and my LG is drenched after a feed lol

I havent used the TT bottles myself I use the Avent ones and LO was quite dribbly with them, she still dribbles now, I found a combination of a burb bib and folding a muslin cloth up and putting it under her chin protects mine and her clothes.

I found we went through phases of it (not TT bottles - Avent) - especially when using the ready-to-drink milk, but it came and went and eventually went altogether - unless she's busy trying to flutter her eyelashes at people and see what's going on on the other side of the room while drinking and the teat keeps pinging out of her gob - but then generally it's just ME who gets soaked now.

My LO is 13 weeks and the past week or so has been bringing up her milk during/after feeds. She has had TT since she was 5weeks but only now this has started.

She has variflow teats....

I'm going through 5-6 bibs every day plus muslins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->