drop fromt 9th to 2nd percentile

Minimin

Reaction score
- in three weeks! Has anyone else had this?

Serena is 5 months tomorrow (actual) and has been doing well, remaining on the 9th percentile. She is around 10lb 9oz (born at 35w weighing 3lb 8oz)

She has around 500-600ml of Nutri prem 2 in 6 bottles of 120ml. She never finishes all her bottles. She has just started sleeping 8hr stretches and misses the 11 feed. If I try to wake her she has about 2 oz and that takes me an hour to give her.:dohh:

HV said to not wake her but just more feeds during the day.- I read on BLISS I can start weaning at 5m. Should I try this? HV again, said she was told to say 6m. She really was not helpful at all :growlmad:

Shall I get her onto weaning- she likes the rice I have tried her with- but I have not given her more than a little taster for fear it is too early.

Shall I wake her and introduce a 1/2am feed?

Any help or advice is much appreciated!

Min x:kiss:

hi, i saw my LOs consultant last week and he told me to start weaning at 5months, my LO was born at 27weeks, and i would take his word over any HVs anyday.
If you can wake her for a feed i would!
Is the HV worried about it? what did she suggest?
x hope u n ur LO r ok x

Hi FreddiesMum!
Thank you so much for replying! It is good to know I am not the only one who thinks her HV was talking crap! She just said to monitor her and I asked how? and she said- weigh her again in two weeks and see what that is like then.grhhhhhhhh
I have decided to wake her up for her last feed and her first feed of the day so I can get extra in her. I normally let her sleep as much as she wants but I guess I need to get militant on her! LOL
How is your LO doing now?
Oh and also- We dont have a consultant/paed at our hospital. Should I have one?
Many thanks again for getting in touch
xxxx

Hi hun Babys born at 35 weeks usualy dont have any apointments with a pead unless they are any other problems.

Your LO starting to sleep through and take more milk during the day is normal, If she wants to sleep i would let her, they grow and develop when they are asleep. :winkwink:

Its perfectly fine for babys to drop percentiles as they get older and start being more physically active. As long as shes not dehydrated, still developing and having plenty of wet nappys then she is getting enough.

I dont think i would start weaning just yet incase her milk intake drops, shes not having a massive amount of milk and it takes a good few months of weaning for them to eat enough to replace the calories they loose by their milk drinking and if her weight has slowed then she cant afford to loose the calories.

Thanks Lozzy!!!
I have decided to feed her every 3-4hr and start the day at 7am and last feed at 11. I can get around 5-6 bottles in that time and then she can sleep through. I cant do any more really. Like you said- she is having wet nappies!

Do you know if Nutriprem being more calorific is 'heavier' than normal formula. Thus the milk calculation for a child (weight in lbx2.5) doesnt really work for babies on NP2?

Many thanks again ladies !!!

Min x

Im not sure on the milk, Niamh went straight onto normal formula as she was massive.

One of the other girls might know

I work freddies milk intake out by,weight/kg X 150/175mls thats how they did it in nicu but like i said hes a 27weeker n he was small so i dont know for your lo! If ur worried then speak to ur gp.
I wouldnt b overly concerned tho as long as shes not dehydrated

ooh I'm not sure how they calculated Serena's in hospital. I just googled it. Didnt think it would be different for a Preemie- but I guess it would. So do you divide the weight in lb/kg? So Serena was 10lb 14oz which is 4.98 I think. Sorry being dumb :(

She has been good today and had 5 bottles totaling 595ml. I am going to try and get another feed in around 11 but she has done well compared to the past few days. It is harder work getting that extra bottle in :) She isnt hydrated and we had both dirty and wet nappies today :shrug:

Hope your good and once again, thanks :)
M

4.98 X 150ml of milk, im not sure what that is, around 700 ml i think, but if shes well and still pooping and weeing and her soft spot isnt overly suken i wouldnt worry too much
Hope u r both ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->