BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
When did you drop a bottle?

Caitlins day goes:

Morning bottle
Brekkie

Afternoon bottle
Fruit/yogurt of some healthy sort
Juice (although this is a nightmare - doesn't like beakers)

Dinner time bottle
Hot meal

Bedtime bottle
BED

I've started giving her finger snacks too either a strip of toast after her brekkie, a veg crisp thing after her fruit (lunch)!

Heres the deal Caitlin is fussy with her bottles and it almost seems that shes having 1 too many and the hours between should be further she maybe for example will only take 3oz at lunch but gulp her dinner time bottle.

Any advice girls?

What is/was your LO having at 7 months?

Hi,

Callums 2 nearly now but when he was the same age, he was still having 3 bottles. When he went onto normal milk ( at 11mths ), we dropped the lunch bottle, so he has STILL now, 1 in the morning with brekkie and 1 at night for bedtime.

hope this helps!!

Nat x

Shes on 4 at the moment

:D

I would condsider dropping either the lunch or tea bottle then add another meal so at one of these she has a meal and a pudding x

When ben was that age, he was exactly the same, he's still a fussy moo and he's nearly 6!

I dropped his lunch time bottle and gave him juice and he had his main hot meal then, followed by fruit or yogurt etc as pudding. Took a while for him to get used to it but it really made a difference - no more gulping the dinner time bottle (it caused havoc because I could guarantee he would either be sick, or have wind bad enough to make him cry all night regardless of how much he was winded)

Whoopsie.. forgot to add, we just moved the dinner and lunch around and dropped the lunch bottle because he was eating more then... if that makes sense.

callum is having 3-4 bottles through the day and still has 2 thru the nite!!!!!!

Katie was having 4 at that age but I did drop the teatime bottle shortly after this age like a week but in hindsight I should have dropped it earlier. She was struggling to take 3 oz's so it seemed like it wasnt worth the bother.

Katie has this and has done for quite a while:

bottle & breakfast (jar) & toast/1/4 pancake
bottle midday followed by lunch, either jar/heinz powdered savoury/potato,veg with chicken/cheese & a yogurt
cooked dinner like potatoes, veg, chicken/cauliflower cheese with mash/beef with veg & a yogurt & banana

somewhere through the day she'll also have some water and a couple of rice cakes :D

then bottle at bedtime and occassionally she will eat something at bedtime but since shes taking big quantities now she hasnt needed anything after her dinner :)

She take between 22-25 oz's in those 3 bottles whereas when she was having 4 she only took that amount, so when I dropped the evening/teatime bottle she overcompensated by taking more at each feed :D

Take away the one where she is the least interested in and see how you go, you have no idea how it frees up abit of your day by taking away that 1 bottle :)

xxx

Mamafy can you give me a roughy of what she had when she was 7 months - if you remember? Not being funny its just I can't recall half the newborn stuff sometimes to answer Qs :blush: lol

no probs hun

**wrecks brain**

7:30am - 6 oz milk & 1/2 weetabix & 1/4 banana with 2 oz milk in weetabix
12:00pm 8 oz milk & either some veg/fruit or jar of banana custard (she never finished the whole jar but got pretty close)
4pm bottle: we dropped and moved the evening meal from 5.30-6pm to 4.30 and she ate veg with chicken (3 annabel karmel cubes worth, they are pretty big cubes)
7-7.30am: 8oz bottle, instead of bottle at 8-8.30 we then moved the bottle to 7-7.30pm and it worked fine. Katie never woke up through the night so was getting enough I thought.

It was at this time that I ntroduced some toast to chew/suck on and little nibbles on things we ate to get some lumps in too.

How does that sound?

Noah has a bottle (8oz) before his breakfast, one at lunch time (around 1pm) and then a bottle at bedtime (7pm) he only has about 2 oz at bedtime tho!!

xx

Oliver was having 5 bottles..now he has 4...but to be fair he will only usually take about 4oz each time.

He has a bottle when he wakes at 6:30am

Breakfast at 9:00

Lunch and bottle at 12:30

Bottle at 4:30

Tea at 6:30

Bedtime bottle at 10:30 x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members