Dropping Milk Feed ?

xCherylx

Pregnant and Mum of 1
Reaction score
I have a little leaflet about weaning from Hipp, it advises around 7 months to drop a milk feed.
Jack currently has:
8am - Bottle and Cereal
11am - Bottle and a biscuit
2pm - Bottle and Jar
5pm - Bottle and Jar
8pm - Bottle

I'm unsure which would be best :S :blush:

Im taking his away his breakfast bottle and replacing it with orange juice or another fruit juice ..but thats because he gets cows milk with his cereal in the am ..but if i dont for one day and he gets his milk bottle in the am he will not take his 2 pm milk ..

they cant have cows milk as their main drink but can have it with cereal and with cooking etc sounds like the am is the best to drop although alot of babies want a bottle first thing in the morning but personally leeon dropped his bottles when he was ready and most of the time its been at the correct age x

Same with max he didnt want milk in the am , that started about 2 months into weaning if im not wrong , I tried to some what push him to drink it in the am but he wont have anything to do with it so im not pushing it anymore , he has plenty during the day and like i said he dose get cows milk Or formula in his cereal

oh right I thought they were not allowed cow's milk till a year old. Jack will take his milk at every feed lol greedy guts ! We have decided to only give him biscuits at 2pm and move the 2pm jar to 11am

Caitlyn's routine is pretty good, she has breakfast and a bottle at 9-10am, lunch and bottle at 1pm, dinner and bottle at 6pm and a bottle at 10pm

I'll be dropping breakfast bottle when she's 7-8 months as there's milk in porridge and I'm breast feeding too so she only takes 3oz from the bottles.

I'm still a bit concerned about the cows milk, I'm almost positive it's a year :S

Yes Its a year to make them have it as a drink only , but you may give it to them in diff forms such as with cereal , and yogurt

tom only has four and he is only 5 months! I cant fit asny more in

I was wondering this too charlies 7 months and has

9am boob and breaky
1pm bottle and part of a jar
5 pm boob and part of a jar
8pm bottle
1am boob
5am boob

i dont see how u can drop one if there hungry though

we have managed to drop the 2pm feed and instead give him a few little biscuits and half a yogurt and it's fine :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->