dropping the wrong bottle?!

Gem13

Reaction score
hi, Hattie is now 4 weeks old and has been on 180ml/6th for about 2 weeks. She is a big girl, weighed at 12lb 8oz yest!!

she roughly feeds on a 10/2/6 basis (but desperately wants a 60ml/2oz top up sbout 8PM).last week dropped the 2am feed herself for 3 nights :thumbup:

However, this week she has started wanting that feed but not till 3/4am so will then not want her 6am feed. How can I get her to drop the 2am feed & not the 6am as it messes everything up.

She does have a cough&cold at the moment-started roughly when she started messing with night feed. I'm not sure if she wakes coughing then just thinks "oh stuff it ill wake mother & have a feed!!!"

Thanks for your advice x

The recommendation really is to feed on demand rather than on a schedule. What happens if you offer the feed at 3-4am and then offer another again later when she is hungry, maybe at 7 or 8am? That might mean longer sleep for both of you and less of an early wake-up.

My twins are three months and most nights still wake several times a night. As much as I wish they wouldn't I figure it will take time. My first feed of the morning varies in time and is not set, although I am thinking of trying to establish a set nap and feeding time during the day, so they have the reliability of the same thing.

My advice is to wake her and feed her if you want the six am to be consistent. But I'm by no means an expert here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->