Drying Times- recommendations please!!

I just did my pre wash of my bumgenius AIO and terry nappies... Although it was warm and nice outside I left them inside to dry on my racks, with my aircon on to keep cool.

All the terrys are dry after the afternoon spent drying. None of the AIO's are!

Climate here is good, and if I put them outside in the sun everything would have been dry, but otherwise terrys won hands down on the drying.

I don't have any terrys but I have terry material inserts and they take a couple of hours to dry on the radiator, microfibre inserts take about an hour and I've got a bamboo little lamb and that took a day and over nite to dry on the radiator (heating was on and off) but generally any bamboo inserts I have take longer aswell x

I started off with no garden and no tumble dryer.

I used mostly microfibre nappies cos they are the quickest to dry, especially if you use prefolds like smart nappies or flips, and they're ok to go on direct heat like a radiator (not the outers but they dry almost instantly anyway). I found that we needed to use pop-ins overnight as they are the only nappies that contain LO's mega night wees... but the bamboo pop-ins take literally three days next to the radiator to dry so I needed enough for LO to be wearing while the other lot were drying. That was a lot of nappies! The microfibre pop-ins are quicker to dry but I don't find they hold as much so I still use the one I have with a bamboo booster.

I was very tempted by terries in the beginning, and still want to try one or two, but my mum (who used terries) made a very good point - they may be quick to dry, but they're big if you hang them all up. We only have a teeeeeny flat so that would have been no good for us - it would have been like living in a boat's sail if I hung them all up after washing! If you have enough space though, I think they're a good option. I wouldn't go for AIOs though, unless you want to wait for days for them to dry.

We have a dryer now but if I started all over again without one, I would probably choose mostly flips because the outer dries within about half an hour and the stay dry inserts dry overnight. Pocket nappies are also very quick to dry if you use microfibre inserts. If you're concerned about cost, Naughty Baby nappies are known as the ebay cheapies but I actually find them very reliable and they come in nice colours too.

Thanks so much!

I am LOVING the look of Flips now... hmmm. Decisions, decisions!

Yea i am in the same position drying wise, The main nappies I use are bumgenius, blueberries, fuzzi bunz, nature babies, itti bittis and other random ones. Most are relativey quick to dry, blueberry and the ittis take a little longer. Microfibre is quite quick drying, hemp and bamboo are highly absorabnt but therefore take longer to dry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->