Duo fertility monitors

Natsby

Luca born 9-11-2012
Reaction score
Anyone on here using a duo fertility monitor? I know they are expensive but the support you get is great and I´m getting desperate. 18 months trying and two miscarriages and I´m 38. Just like some feedback before I jump of the deep end and buy one.

I just heard about them last night.... if you can afford it it is cheaper than IVF and they guarantee pregnancy in 12 Months or less or money back... personally I think its worth a shot

They say they have the same success rates as IVF so that what I was thinking too, we can´t really afford it, but then i´m scared if I delay too much it will be too late.

well keep us posted ...always good to see how things progress with people. If you try it I would be curious to see he results!

hi natsby, i was also thinking about investing in one but 500 pounds is a lot of cash!

Went onto the boots website and they get mixed reviews, seems not so good for people with irregular cycles, take a look here:

https://www.boots.com/en/Clearblue-Fertility-Monitor_23625/

oops sorry that last post was for the CBFM! more info here

https://www.duofertility.com/media-information

Hi everyone

I've been using DF since 13th July 2011. I'm 37.

Even though I am still not pregnant (yet) I think that it is soooo worth the money. It has definitely made me more aware of my cycles and OV dates and has alerted me to the fact that I have a short Luteal Phase of approx 10 days so I am now going for a day 21 blood test to check on my progesterone levels.

£500 was too much for us to pay out in one lump sum so we opted for the monthly plan which at £49 is much more affordable.

www.duofertility.com

There's a few threads on this on the main TTC forum Nats, and the reviews do seem to be a mixed bag, I was seriously considering buying one (probably cos I do like tech gadgets) but after chatting with some of the ladies I couldn't really see what it would do that would be better than my £4 BBT and spreadsheet.

If you take out the 12 month payment plan there is some guarantee if you use it as directed and don't achieve a pregnancy, but read the small print on the website (also do they support customers outside the UK/Ireland?)

I don't think you can get the support package unless you buy it from the manufacturer?

Just yesterday I read an article about these (on the BBC I think) that said that 6 months' use is as effective as a round of IVF, so I was intrigued! I looked at their website yesterday and saw their pregnant-in-12-months-or-money-back guarantee, which I like.

However, I'm not sure how much more it could tell me than I get from my Clearblue Fertility Monitor? Does anyone know? I am getting an LH surge each month, so I have a pretty good idea of when my fertile time is and when we should be BDing.

Also, I'm a bit concerned about timing - at 39 and trying for my first, plus diminished ovarian reserve, maybe I'm better off spending the extra doing IVF, rather than waiting 6-12 months using the Duo to see if it works for me.

Would love to see what women who have used it think of it!

Have a thread search on the main TTC forum there's a thread on there for users - Mrs something or other started it.

I temp and I don't really think it's going to add much to that, but for people who have problems temping it sounds like a good idea.

Here is something on the Boots site ( https://www.boots.com/en/DuoFertility/DuoFertility-FAQs/ ) which answers one of my questions above, about what it offers in addition to normal ovulation predictors: "it can predict when you are going to be most fertile, but it also confirms whether or not you have ovulated. Other ovulation tests are generally able to predict when ovulation is likely to occur, but do not confirm it. "

Just yesterday I read an article about these (on the BBC I think) that said that 6 months' use is as effective as a round of IVF, so I was intrigued!

I honestly dont know how they can state that....Im assuming they are comparing the pregnancy stats after using the monitor and IVF pregnancy stats. Thats not accurate, as people having IVF are a lower rate as those people are having problems conceiving. The general population using the monitor could have gotten pregnant in 6 months without using the monitor. Im just being critical as I dont like marketing thats misleading. Also the chances of IVF being successful is about 40%, so if they are saying theres a 40% chance of success after 6 months that actually not great. Its probably effective compared to people using nothing at all....as knowing when you ovulate can greatly help your chances but I dont think it performs any other miracles (you can confirm ovulation by temping, much cheaper!!)

Also, I'm a bit concerned about timing - at 39 and trying for my first, plus diminished ovarian reserve, maybe I'm better off spending the extra doing IVF, rather than waiting 6-12 months using the Duo to see if it works for me.

if you have a diminished ovarian reserve I definitely wouldnt waste time on the Duo :hugs:

I have one and though I like it, it really is just a fancy thermometer. I've been using it for 4 months and it is handy for learning more about your cycle and in knowing when you've probably ovulated. However, I find the cbfm more accurate in terms of identifying the two peak days. In a nutshell if you're happy to chart without it, I wouldn't bother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->