Dying natural colour to blonde (at home?)

Savannah11

Love my boys xxx
Reaction score
Hello Ladies,
So years ago i used to have practically white blonde bleached hair which i used to get done at a salon but before i got pregnant i dyed it brown and left it at that... now that was a while ago and my hair has completely grown out so its all my natural colour now and i want to go back to blonde without going to the salon! I spoke to the girl who cuts my hair and she said it should be okay to dye as i have no hair dye on my hair already...
Should i just get a box and whack it on? Will it go ginger?

What's your natural colour? If it's anything darker than a dark blonde then yes it will probably go ginger. You would need to do it a few times over a few weeks (I say that but I usually do it in one weekend, very bad for my hair!) I would use bleach 30vol or 40vol if you want to get it back to white blonde. Invest in a leave in conditioner if you do bleach it.

If you can get it to a pale yellow with the bleach you can put a toner on top, either a white one or a more natural shade if you want.

I have used blonde hair dyes to get my hair blonde but it takes longer because I have dark hair so I've needed quite a few, but they are less damaging than bleach so if you don't mind ginger hair for a week or two then go for the box dyes.:thumbup:

ETA: Do a strand test as well, and remember your roots do a lot quicker than the rest of your hair so it might be worth doing those last. (You can judge from the strand test).

^ Yeah, it depends on your natural colour.

Mine's very dark brown and short, and one lot of powder bleach with peroxide cream does it.

My hairs naturally light brown/dark blonde and I use live colour XXL to get it to a white blonde then use a silver shampoo once a week to stop it going brassy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->