E cigarette and pregnancy?

GeordieGal

Reaction score
Hi all
Just after some advice..
I found out I was pregnant on Sunday.
I have been a smoker for about 6 years now and was on 15 a day.
I had 3 cigarettes on Sunday, 2 on Monday, 2 yesterday and so far today I've had 1.
I'm really really struggling though.
I want to 100% quit, my partner has quit and gone onto an E-cigarette which he says stops his cravings and is brilliant.
Is it safer for me to have a couple of puffs on that when I am climbing the walls rather than have half a cigarette which I have been doing.
I know there hasn't been a lot of studies but in my head surely its safer than a real cigarette?
I've already cut down dramatically from 15 to only 5.30pm, been up since 8.30am and only had 1. It really is killing me though feel like pulling my hair out!

Any advice - throw it at me :) xx

Well, it is true that the e-cigarettes don't have all the added chemicals a real one does. The cartridges are pure liquid nicotine and the e-cigarette is a mini vaporizer. Obviously, I can't say for sure if it's actually healthier, but it's definitely not the same as inhaling smoke.

I'm not a smoker but my husband is. He's started using one of the Blu brand ones when he's around me so I'm not getting the second hand smoke (or sick off the smell).

Personal opinion, only - but I would say that if a few puffs on an e-cig keep you from climbing the walls, go for it. Maybe ask your midwife's opinion, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->