ear infection myringitis

deb963

Reaction score
The doctor gave me some Doxycyclime hyclate. Ive been taking about 3 days already. I also have like a blocked ear it feels like your an a airplane and it blocks the ear a wierd feeling. Is there anything i should take. The doctor also gave me a nasal spray Nasonex. Im i supposed to take a cold medicine or allergy medicine for at least my ears to unplug. Also im going on a trip. Im flying will this affect my ear? I will be leaving in 2 weeks. Please help!!

I have no idea but you should probably go with whatever your doctor has told you. Have you mentioned to your doctor that you are flying in 2 weeks?

I have no idea but you should probably go with whatever your doctor has told you. Have you mentioned to your doctor that you are flying in 2 weeks?
Yes, told him he said there could be some pain but we have to wait the results in 1 week too see if hearing is better.

The doctor gave me some Doxycyclime hyclate. Ive been taking about 3 days already. I also have like a blocked ear it feels like your an a airplane and it blocks the ear a wierd feeling. Is there anything i should take. The doctor also gave me a nasal spray Nasonex. Im i supposed to take a cold medicine or allergy medicine for at least my ears to unplug. Also im going on a trip. Im flying will this affect my ear? I will be leaving in 2 weeks. Please help!!

Hi deb

How's your ears? The nasal spray is a decongestant that opens up the Eustachian Tube to help to drain the normal mucus build up in the middle ear. This tube becomes inflamed with infections and colds. Once this drains you should start to feel relief from the blocked sensation. I think the doxycycline is an antibiotic to help get rid of the infection. You shouldn't need to take anything else along with them. Hope you're feeling better soon.

PS The reason why your ears may be sore when flying, is due to the Eustachian Tube being unable to regulate the pressure in the middle ear cavity, and with fluctuations in air pressure the ear can become sore. Hope that makes sense.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->