Early scan disappointment :( please help!

JoWantsABaby

Reaction score
Hi

My LMP 5/12/13- today I'm 7+2, confident with dates and think I o'd around 19/20th December...

Went for reassurance scan this morning.
The could only see a sac measuring 5+4 ish - this was abdominal, not vaginal.
I've had no bleeding/cramps - very mild intermittent nausea and boob aches.
They've told me to go bk in 2 weeks for recheck of progress.

So worried! Dr Google put the fear of god into me.
Anyone any experience? I'm tempted to book a transvaginal scan in interim as they might see more??
Help!!!
TIA xx

My LMP was 29th November and I am 8+3. Had a scan last Wednesday which put me ahead 2 days. I thought I was 6+5 but the said exactly 7 weeks so must have ovulated slightly earlier.

Easier said than done but try not to worry. Things can change so quickly. One day you may not see anything and then 2 days later, BAM there's a baby.

Keep me posted and if you need any support just send me a message

Xxx

My LMP was 29th November and I am 8+3. Had a scan last Wednesday which put me ahead 2 days. I thought I was 6+5 but the said exactly 7 weeks so must have ovulated slightly earlier.

Easier said than done but try not to worry. Things can change so quickly. One day you may not see anything and then 2 days later, BAM there's a baby.

Keep me posted and if you need any support just send me a message

Xxx

Bless you...thanks for your kind words..keeping fingers crossed, sonographer wasn't great tbh, really cold and wrote down all the wrong dates... So annoying :(
Had a good cry so need to pull myself together now!
Congrats on your reassuring scan xx

Update:
I was worrying so much that I found a scan place doing TV scans and went there this evening.
They were amazing and found a fetal pole but have dated me as 5+5 - 10 days younger than my LMP suggests. The lady looked at all my dates incl ovulation and reassured me that 1-2 week discrepancy is common.
She hasn't been able to COMPLETELY reassure me as there was no Hb but she said it's too early for that. She'll rescan me next week to check for progress.
Feel like I've got so much more hope.
I hope that this is helpful to others in similar situation x

Thank you for sharing :) I had a disappointing scan last week and I'm terrified for my scan on Monday...I'm hoping that my story be similar to yours!

Thank you for sharing :) I had a disappointing scan last week and I'm terrified for my scan on Monday...I'm hoping that my story be similar to yours!

Oh no, sorry to hear that. Do you mind me asking what you were told? Did you have a TV scan?
Waiting is horrendous :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->