early stranger anxiety?

ChocolateC

Reaction score
Just wondering if a baby gets stranger anxiety early, does that mean they'll get rid of it early? I'm hoping!! :hugs:
My DD only got it around 9 months. My DS got it at 5 months and is in full-on stranger anxiety mode now at 6 months. Like, he'll scream and sob when people come over to our house. He gets over it but it's kind of embarrassing and I feel bad for him too. Does this mean he'll get over it sooner, or that it will actually be harder for him than most other babies??

I hope your baby does get over it sooner. Our youngest started this around 4 months and still screams if strangers even look at her. I have to put her in the carrier and try to distract her.. It's super embarrassing but something about other people seems to frighten her so I also feel badly for her. Now there are certain people she lets look at her or even if you hold her sometimes without getting upset.. But that's basically my sister and mom lol if my dad even looks at her she breaks down and he's a downright goof with kids lol it makes for pretty stressful visits with people right now so I'm hoping this phase will pass really soon. I'm almost dreading the Christmas get together with the family because of it :/ I really hope it improves for your lo soon!

That is normal. My first was a very sensitive baby and she got stranger anxiety very early on and would only be held by me.

It's hard to say. Mine got it right at 7 months and it lasted until the start of 11 months. For us, the start coincided with illness too, so I think other things can probably trigger it to come on. It's a good sign of a nice strong attachment though, so it's good, even when it's difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->