Early support - help for families with a child with multiple problems

Emmea12uk

The Folic acid police!
Reaction score
Early Support is a government thing set up to help families with a child with multiple problems. They are fantastic. They co-ordinate all the professionals involved with your child's care and even hold meetings to make sure everything is being done that should be done, and to answer any questions you have. At Tom's last meeting we had his urologist, pediatrician, health visitor, GP, Physiotherepist and er..i cant remember the rest. But we established no one was monitoring his medication doses and they all explained things about Tom's development and his problems in more detail.

The best part about it was the casual nature of the meeting - even the consultants were chipping in on subjects like taking your child swimming etc.

DEF worth contacting them if you are fed up with trying to sort out all the people involved in your child's care - you need a referral and can get one from anyone - physios, doctors, health visitors etc.

That's really useful, thanks for posting that. I'm going to see if I can get them involved with my Step-son. I had no idea who to turn to! Thanks again x

I do something similar just on my own here. It is great to have everyone on the same page.

This looks fab but it looks like we'd be out of luck as my little boy is 5. Does anyone have any idea if there is anything similar for older children?

Gemma x

Contact your council and ask them. Or you paediatrician if you have one. Even any therepists you use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->