Easier second time around?

CrazyMumma

Reaction score
Hi all

I breastfed my first for 4-5 months, however I had a very stressful few months - splitting with her father, going through a terrifying natural disaster (dont know if you guys overseas heard of the Christchurch earthquakes in New Zealand?), and a bunch of other stuff I found my supply dropped. First it was top ups from about 7 weeks, then it was more and more bottles and eventually she refused me totally.

I really want to breastfeed this time, I'm struggling with my mobility and am likely to be in a wheelchair for a few months post delivery so it would be much easier for me to just pop bubs on the breast rather than struggle getting up and about to make bottles. Plus the benifits to baby and the cost savings.

Is it easier the second time?

I'm 11 days in with my second baby, and feeding her is so much easier than feeding her big sister was. However, I didn't have any real problems feeding the first time round, just the standard "Am I doing it right? Is she getting enough milk?" worries that are inevitable. I'm more relaxed about feeding this time, because I know I can do it successfully.

I'm so sorry you went through all that. I have only done it once but I trust it will be much easier this time around

I had a nightmare feeding first time - massive damage to my nipples which has left me with scarring. I ended up expressing from about 6 weeks to 6 months. Second time around I was all ready to give it my best shot but if it didn't work I'd go over to bottles as I couldn't face expressing with 2 under 2. Anyway, I found it much easier the second time around and happily breastfed til 9 months x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubysan
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->