easy chicken ideas please

mommy43

isabel's mummy
Reaction score
the top 5 question got me thinking we always have chicken on the house n its something we all eat but im running out of new ideas anyone got any good recipies i could try if u could also say how many it serves would be great thanks

I made homemade chicken goujons this week

Cut chicken breasts into strips
Toss them in flour
whisk a egg and add a little cayenne pepper then toss the chicken in the mixture
roll in breadcrumbs

lay on a baking sheet and cook for 12 - 18 mins on 220 degrees

They were so yummy

Ooooo that sounds great...thanks hun...im definatly going to try that! xx

I just finish cooking ORANGE CHICKEN! Roll chicken breast into flour ( flour mix with a little bit of salt and pepper) deep fry then set aside. Prepare Orange sauce . Put water in a pan, two tablespoon of soy sauce, one tablespoon of vinegar and a cup of fresh orange juice ( orange in a bottle will do if you don't have fresh) then boil for 3 minutes.
While simmering put minced garlic, let it simmer for another 5 minutes. Then put 3 tablespoons of dark brown sugar, and half a teaspoon of cornstarch. WHen the sauce is sticky, pour the chiken into the mixture and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes until the sauce is a little dried. Then put sliced onion leaves when served.
It was my first time to cook this recipe, I got it from you tube and it worked, smells good and delicious for my taste! Goodluck!

Easy slimming world chicken supreem.

Chicken breast
condensed chicken soup (the low fat one, cant remember who makes it)( 7.5 syns)
Mushrooms
Garlic
Onions.
dash of milk
rice

Fry chicken and onions, add mushrooms and garic and fry for a few mins. Pour in soup and stir it, Add milk to how thick you want it. I like it quite thick so only add a tiny bit Serve with rice. Its yummy!! xxx

You can make a similar thing with mushroom soup. bit like carbonara. add a bit of ham too.

Chicken Fajitas,

Fajita kit from tesco
peppers
onion
soured cream

follow instructions on the packed, basically just fry it all together and warm up the wraps. add soured cream salsa if you like it, wrap it up.

Chicken with cheese and bacon

Chicken breast
cheddar cheese
bacon

Cut a slice into the chicken breast, shove the cheese into where you have sliced, Tightly wrap with bacon, you can secure it with a cocktail stick if you want. Bung it in the oven

chicken and apple balls (had to look this one up because couldnt remember recipe.

•1 tbsp light olive oil
•1 onion, finely chopped
•1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and grated
•2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
•Half tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
•1 tablespoon fresh thyme or sage, chopped or a pinch mixed herbs
•1 chicken stock cube, crumbled (from one year)
•50g fresh white breadcrumbs
•Salt and freshly ground pepper (from one year)
•Plain flour for coating
•Vegetable oil for frying

Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté half the onion for about 5 minutes.

2Using your hands, squeeze out a little excess liquid from the grated apple.

3Mix the apple with the chicken, cooked and remaining raw onion, herbs, stock cube (from one year) and breadcrumbs, and roughly chop in a food processor for a few seconds.

4Season with a little salt and pepper (from one year).

5With your hands, form into about 20 little balls, roll in flour and fry in shallow oil for about 5 minutes until lightly golden and cooked through

hubby's favourite chicken dish i make is chicken in madeira wine, which you can do although preggers as the booze burns off. I especially like this now preggers as i feel like i'm still getting my booze but safely! :lol:

For 2 You need:

about half a bottle of madeira wine
4 garlic cloves (leave whole - peeled)
handful of fresh thyme sprigs
2 chicken breasts well salted and peppered.

Cook:

1. fry your seasoned chicken breasts whole until lightly golden, add the garlic cloves whole, thyme sprigs and pour in half a bottle of the madeira wine.
2. Turn down to a simmer and leave for 15-20mins.
3. Serve.

I like to serve it with some baby tatties & baby veg nice and crisp.

I like garlic butter roast chicken... mmm. You just need butter, garlic and pesto.

Chop the garlic as finely as you'd like and mix together with a nob of butter and a teaspoon of pesto. Smother it on the chicken breasts, cover with foil and cook in the oven for 45 minutes, or however long it takes in your oven (the last 10 of which I usually uncover it to crisp it up a little :D).

I usually have this with new potatoes and veg, or chips if I'm feeling lazy.

I just finish cooking ORANGE CHICKEN! Roll chicken breast into flour ( flour mix with a little bit of salt and pepper) deep fry then set aside. Prepare Orange sauce . Put water in a pan, two tablespoon of soy sauce, one tablespoon of vinegar and a cup of fresh orange juice ( orange in a bottle will do if you don't have fresh) then boil for 3 minutes.
While simmering put minced garlic, let it simmer for another 5 minutes. Then put 3 tablespoons of dark brown sugar, and half a teaspoon of cornstarch. WHen the sauce is sticky, pour the chiken into the mixture and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes until the sauce is a little dried. Then put sliced onion leaves when served.
It was my first time to cook this recipe, I got it from you tube and it worked, smells good and delicious for my taste! Goodluck!

Would this work if I poached the chicken instead of deep frying it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->