Easy pregnancy, difficult labour?

A

AppleBlossom

Anyone believe this is how it works?

As far as pregnancies go I've had it pretty easy. No morning sickness, no stretchmarks on my bump (got a thousand on my boobs and hips), had 2 BH in second tri, no leaky nipples, nice small bump, have a urine infection but with no nasty symptoms, BP has always been fine, bubs not had any major problems except she stopped growing for a while. Apart from carrying round a kick boxer I've been pretty lucky.

So now I'm thinking karma is going to come and bite me on the ass and give me the worse labour EVER.

:dohh:

Ok for your sake I hope not! I've never heard of it working this way....and I hope it doesn't. I've had terrible morning sickness, been hospitalized once already, and can barely eat some days. I doubt I'll have a happy, comfy delivery : ) Maybe your baby maker is just friendly ahahahah : )))) and the birth will be nice and short! Good luck to you and let us know what happens!

bexy are you due today? How exciting for you. I don't think many people can compare their first labour to a day out at Chessington but I'm sure you will be fine. Looking at your bump pic your not overweight which I think can add to a labor sometimes and your young which helps. So really apart from bubs being a bit overdue you should sail through lol. I must say that your bump looks a good size so don't be surprised if your close to 8lb judging by your pic.

For your sake, I hope not! :hugs: I'm sure it'll go fine! However, for my sake I hope its true, so far it's not been very easy! But I hope everything goes well for you, hun!!

I have to say, that's so wrong :)

Anyone believe this is how it works?

As far as pregnancies go I've had it pretty easy. No morning sickness, no stretchmarks on my bump (got a thousand on my boobs and hips), had 2 BH in second tri, no leaky nipples, nice small bump, have a urine infection but with no nasty symptoms, BP has always been fine, bubs not had any major problems except she stopped growing for a while. Apart from carrying round a kick boxer I've been pretty lucky.

So now I'm thinking karma is going to come and bite me on the ass and give me the worse labour EVER.

:dohh:

I said the same thing to my DH yesterday! I´ve been so lucky up to now and had no probs or major aches and pains. I told him when it finally happens and the contractions start I think I´ll get the shock of my life!!

Fingers crossed that your labour goes as smoothly as your pregnancy has!

Hope your labour goes as well as your pregnancy has xxx

:hug:

I hope I am not jinxing myself ;) but as far as pregnancies go I'd say I had an easy one with my first. My labor was pretty easy too - especially for the first time. Checked into the hospital at about 6pm and dilated to 3cm. Got the epi around 7:30. Started pushing at 9:30 and had him at 10:32pm. I didn't think it was so bad for a first delivery. No complications, relatively short labor, etc.

SO...I don't think it necessarily means that you are going to have a horrible delivery. :hug: Good Luck!!

I think your labour can be connected to how stressful or stress free your pregnancy was

When my mum was prego with me she didn't tell anyone till 2 weeks before I was due so she was under constant stress. The result - 72 hour labour, botched epidural, last minute turning by moi & 63 stitches

When prego with our Kevin she was in a stable happy relationship, nice new flat & financially secure. The result - 12 hour labour & 2 stitches. No need for epidural or anything

When prego with Lewis my mum was in a violent relationship & was very depressed. The result - emergency caesarean!!

So as you can see I truely believe your circumstances can affect it so im dreading it. Ive had alot of hard times during my pregnancy so am thinking im in for a hard labour :(

Hopefully not true for your sake but me on the other hand i wish it was. I haven't had the easiest of pregnancies so it would be lovely to have a pain free smooth labour. Ah wishful thinking :rofl:

Oh never thought of it that way.

And 63 stitches?? :shock:

Yep. They practically had to hack her open to get me out!!

For some reason my mother is very very proud of this & tends to tell people of this fact when we go out on the town together :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->